Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Princeton 70.3 Sold Out
Quote | Reply
General entry now closed according to website. Took 1 month - not sure how this compares to other new races??
I am registered and of course interested to see how well received the race is. Going to be a fun 9 months of training.
Quote Reply
Re: Princeton 70.3 Sold Out [(free)willey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That seems pretty quick for a 70.3

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Princeton 70.3 Sold Out [urbantriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa yeah, especially a new 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Princeton 70.3 Sold Out [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, I am certainly willing to admit I was wrong. I never thought the race would sell out with Rev 3 Pocono and Toughman so close and in the same month.
Last edited by: sinkinswimmer: Jan 15, 14 16:14
Quote Reply
Re: Princeton 70.3 Sold Out [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably because the bike course ;0)

Quote | Reply
Yeah, but IM brand near NYC and kinda near Philly beats Rev3/Toughman IMO for marketing. Plus naming it Princeton was a great PR move on WTS's part even though it's kinda in the greater Trenton area more than Princeton itself.

it does speak to the brand, doesn't it. Amazing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:

That Ironman name carries an awful lot of weight. I'm amazed that surprises some of you. That's why 2500 people show up in Penticton when Ironman puts on the race and 500 people show up when they don't.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Princeton 70.3 Sold Out [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CGI racing is pretty well respected in the area for putting on some very well managed races. IM of course has the brand, but a lot of people trust CGI to deliver a hassle-free experience.

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Princeton 70.3 Sold Out [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
sinkinswimmer wrote:

That Ironman name carries an awful lot of weight. I'm amazed that surprises some of you. That's why 2500 people show up in Penticton when Ironman puts on the race and 500 people show up when they don't.

A point I shall never doubt again. Interestingly, ChallengeUSA (apparently erroneously) puts on their facebook page that a new US race is being announced on January 15, and something like 10 people comment. I mention it in another thread here, and three people comment. Its like no one care. If someone says there is going to be a new Ironman in Dubuque, the thread stays on the front page for days. I have friends who have done Ironman who do not even know what Challenge is. I gues until someone figures out a way to to it better than WTC, its going to stay that way.
Quote Reply