Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prime Day Deals
Quote | Reply
I didn't see a thread. Anything good out there?
Quote Reply
Re: Prime Day Deals [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A see a lot of chatter about the Varia and the 1030 being really good deals.
Last edited by: bulldog15: Oct 13, 20 6:01
Quote Reply
Re: Prime Day Deals [bulldog15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DCrainmaker is always a good place to start:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/10/amazon-prime-day-best-sports-tech-deals.html
Quote Reply
Re: Prime Day Deals [bulldog15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bulldog15 wrote:
A see a lot of chatter about the Varia and the 1030 being really good deals.

Crap man! I saw that 1030 and about fell out of my chair until I realized it was the old one.

Could probably sell my 820 and upgrade for an "affordable" price.

Heck! Finger is on the trigger trying to decide if I want to pull it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lock laces are $2 off per set ($5.99 vs. $7.99 normally).

Blog: https://davidkoppeltriathlon.blogspot.com/
Coaching: https://dkendurance.com/
Last edited by: DKMNTRI: Oct 13, 20 6:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@$99 the Garmin 130 is pretty tempting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you ride outside with music Apple Airpods Pro are a must for their noise cancelling feature and you can't beat $50 off. IME, it actually makes you more likely to hear cars as they cut out a lot of the constant wind noise thanks to the noise cancelling feature. However, the big reason I am a believer is that they allow you to listen you regular programming at a lower decibel level which I believe is going to save your ears in the long-term. Amazing how loud you have to crank earbuds without noise cancelling. Not a Prime Deal, but Cat Ears are another way to lower wind noise.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin fenix 5s are looking good

I ordered one.

My recent luck with head units is sufficiently bad that I seem to need a backup unit. I'll also take this cheaper one when I mountain bike, rather than the more expensive ones.
Quote Reply
Re: Prime Day Deals [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do they do well enough at blocking wind noise into the microphone?
Quote Reply
Re: Prime Day Deals [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultegra pedals are $50 off right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazon Canada has garmin 935 at $330 and garmin 945 at $676
Still pricey, but decent sale.
Quote Reply
Re: Prime Day Deals [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Traket92x wrote:
Do they do well enough at blocking wind noise into the microphone?

I can't speak to that as I haven't used them for that since I got them in earlier this summer. With that being said, I have used some super cheap Chinese ear buds and nobody has complained to me. I never took a lot of calls that way, but I would presume Apple Air Pros do a similar, if not better job. I am very anti-Apple in general, have been in personal life, have been in the lav room. I generally don't like the company and I certainly didn't buy them to be trendy. I have probably bought another 15 pairs of other products recently to see if I can find something comparable and cheaper, but nothing is even close to the Apple Air Pros. Keep in mind only the Apple Airpod Pros have the noise cancelling feature. The ones with the soft tips! The regular Apple Airpods don't have this feature. Although, I just went ahead and bought a regular pair myself as I am still trying to find a pair of earbuds that work while running. It has been work in progress and why I went thru 15+ different sets. The Apple Airpod Pros don't work for me while running.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Oct 13, 20 9:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
If you ride outside with music Apple Airpods Pro are a must for their noise cancelling feature and you can't beat $50 off. IME, it actually makes you more likely to hear cars as they cut out a lot of the constant wind noise thanks to the noise cancelling feature. However, the big reason I am a believer is that they allow you to listen you regular programming at a lower decibel level which I believe is going to save your ears in the long-term. Amazing how loud you have to crank earbuds without noise cancelling. Not a Prime Deal, but Cat Ears are another way to lower wind noise.

I don’t listen to music on the bike, but do when running and it’s often super windy which makes it hard to listen.

I like to listen to podcasts and if I’m running into the wind it’s impossible to hear without turning it up so loud I go deaf. Music is acceptable.

Do you think these would be a decent solution in this scenario? How well do they stay in your ear if running with up and down motion or when things get sweaty?
Quote Reply
Re: Prime Day Deals [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueapplepaste wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

I don’t listen to music on the bike, but do when running and it’s often super windy which makes it hard to listen.

I like to listen to podcasts and if I’m running into the wind it’s impossible to hear without turning it up so loud I go deaf. Music is acceptable.

Do you think these would be a decent solution in this scenario? How well do they stay in your ear if running with up and down motion or when things get sweaty?

So, they don't stay in my ears well when running but YMMV. I see plenty of people using these for running, My ear canals may just not be shaped well. It is a common problem with all these earbuds. But as far as blocking the wind noise they would do a superior job over many other solutions with the noise cancelling.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue with the AirPods. The Powerbeats Pro work much better for me. Great sound, mic, and a bit more secure.

The Garmin 935 for $239 is also a super solid deal
Quote Reply
Re: Prime Day Deals [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not spending. More money in my bank account.
Quote Reply
Re: Prime Day Deals [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought 2 Lasko fans for 10 dollars off each for the pain cave. I was going to buy them anyway in a couple weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Appreciate the feedback. Not sure it’s a $200 gamble I want to take. I’ve always gone with the over ear sets for exercise for that reason.
Quote Reply
Re: Prime Day Deals [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
I had the same issue with the AirPods. The Powerbeats Pro work much better for me. Great sound, mic, and a bit more secure.

The Garmin 935 for $239 is also a super solid deal

That's what I ordered earlier today. Had been close to getting a Coros Pace 2, but, at $200, I figured that the 935 for just a bit more offered a better package. I've had a 735XT for around 3 1/2 years, so the 935 should be an upgrade.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Prime Day Deals [DaniD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did this actually happen? I also didn't see the varia deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Prime Day Deals [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:
Did this actually happen? I also didn't see the varia deal.

Yup, all those deals were live yesterday. Most of them are still live today. As always, not all Amazon Prime Days deals will last the entire duration. It's far better to order when you see it, and decide/cancel/return later for the really hot ones.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply