Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Premier Tactical 2.0 satisfaction
Quote | Reply
How satisfied are those who have bought a Premier Tactical 2.0 with the bike, customer service, warranty, quality of bike, etc. Very intriguing but nervous to buy without seeing the actual bike or getting on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical 2.0 satisfaction [jans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Extremely satisfied. Dan provides amazing customer service, basically always available and willing to help! The bike is a joy to ride, and makes me look forward to training (but especially racing). It's fast and extremely stable. I wouldn't hesitate, just get the bike and be happy you did!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best service and support you’ll ever receive for a bike. Not to mention the bikes fast. Travel case and minimal bolts make traveling with bike a breeze.
Switched over from a 9 series Trek SC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m the biggest pain in the ass customer and Dan has been amazing. You’d be a fool to not purchase it unless you are M40-44. Then you should purchase a Diamond.

http://www.researchms.org/trifest/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Know exactly how you feel. Mine is two years old now and I just took the gamble. I have several thousand miles on mine and it is worth every cent. Dan is great to work with, I love the bike......buy
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical 2.0 satisfaction [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 Dan responds extremely fast. Bike is fast, lots of compliments. Just as fast as the top 10 super bikes. I can go on.

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very satisfied. Dan's support is amazing and the bike is easy to work on if you want to make changes. Of course, if you can find the opportunity to ride one, do so. Also, work with a fitter to ensure you get the sizing right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am very satisfied with the bike, but a word of advice. Take it to a bike shop when you get it to assist with the assembly (which isn’t much, but it’ll save you lots of time and potential frustration). I tried to use my OK bike wrench skills and could have saved time to just start with the shop. Also, get a fit. The bike is long and low and you’ll kill yourself if you just try to eyeball it.

Lots of positive comments at races and it looks good on paper, but REAL GOOD in person.

Enjoy!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Knowing what I know about a lot of the bikes out there, sure you could get a handful, infant sized hands I may add, of bikes that are faster. On the other hand you would need many hands, offensive lineman sized hands and several O lineman would be needed to hold all those bikes that claim to be fast but aren't nearly as fast as they think they are and are not as fast as the Premier.

It still makes my short list of best aero/value

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jul 16, 19 19:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have one, but I invited Dan to speak at our tri club monthly meeting about a year and a half ago. 4 people have bought Tacticals since then and I would say less than half of our ~100 members even have triathlon bikes. That's impressive 'market share' in such short time. Once you see one, you will be hooked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love my bike, and dans cust service is some of the best I’ve experienced.

I like that the bike is designed to not be obsolete in 3 years, but “upgraded” as dan sees opportunity.

The ONLY caveat I could see is the bike is a rim brake bike (I personally am fine with it, never had a problem with the premier wheels / brakes), so if you’re into disc brakes look elsewhere.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you will not be disappointed whatsoever
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto on all the positive comments above. Especially Dan's responsiveness and customer service. I've had mine (v1.0) for almost two years and I love riding it.

If I were to nit pick: the top tube is quite long so saddle position is typically full-forward. If you look at nearly every picture of the bike from owners, you'll see the saddle is nearly always slammed to the front of the seat post slot and the saddle is mounted at the back of the rails. Consider sizing down
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical 2.0 satisfaction [aftermath312] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s a fast bike.

It’s well made. If people are worried about “what if I need warranty work”, I’m not really sure what kind of failure would happen that would necessitate a warranty claim. But if I ever had one, I feel more confident that Dan would take care of it vs. a Specialized/cervelo/felt/etc. rep at a call center somewhere. And he’ll probably have it handled within 24 hours.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical 2.0 satisfaction [TJP_SBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey so can I ask a quick question of all of you PT owners....how do you get the bike to stop? I mean....mine seems to accelerate when I hit the brakes. Alloy rear, carbon front, both with appropriate pads though I wouldn't object to trying a different pad. I've cleaned the rims, scuffed'em up with sandpaper (even the carbon rim), sanded the pads, futzed with the cable a little (trying.... unsuccessfully to get in a more powerful area on the cam (or whatever you call it), and still not much brake-age. What's your secret?

Joe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one as well - bought used here on Slowtwitch. Certainly quite a bit faster than my old tri bike (Blue Triad SL). I have mine setup with some aftermarket pads and extensions. Braking is not as good as disc brakes (which I have on three other bikes). However, that is not a deal breaker unless you are racing a real technical course or some sketchy descents. I have a bunch of pics of the bike in my blog below.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally love my bike. Dan replied to all my questions right away. Whenever I travel and have to take things apart I really get to see all of the little touches that make this bike a joy. Have not had any issues that needed warrantee or anything like that.
Quote Reply