Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pre-season High School Track Sprinter workout help
Quote | Reply
Background: Will be my daughter's 2nd year of HS track. Her background is HS soccer, club swimming and middle school cross country. She didn't care for CC much but did enjoy track. She suprised us (and herself) by having some talent in the 200 as she fell barely short of qualifying for state in the open 200 however was able to enjoy running on a 3rd in state 4x200 relay.

Observations from last spring: Her 100's were lackluster with slow starts. Her 200's were solid while starting slow was passing people at the end of the race for decent placing. Her 400's were weak as she died at the end. Recent easy 35 minute slow runs with me (50 year old dad) still show a lack of endurance.

Where to start?

Looking for a KISS method of 2 months of pre-season work to keep it enjoyable, not over think things and for her to come out of the gates strong and enjoy another HS track season while maybe surprising herself again.

Interested in 3-4 days a week of running with 2-3 days in the gym followed by pool.
Quote Reply
Re: Pre-season High School Track Sprinter workout help [McLeod] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the sports at my kids hs have some kind of off season conditioning requirements. So first see what the track coach says. I’m surprised the coach didn’t try to encourage her to compete or at least work out outside of the high school season if she was a borderline state qualifier.
Quote Reply