Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Pre-Race Anxiety Dreams/Nightmares
Quote | Reply
I have several, so I'll space them out

The recurring dream where, while doing a triathlon, I can’t find my shoes

They are in a pile with everyone else’s shoes at T2 [one of those “let’s have fun” angles that triathlon directors throw in from time to time]. I meet a cute girl, searching for her sneakers, and within seconds we’re smitten with each other

It’s not long before we’re having sex in a Florida condo stairwell

ETA: Yeah, I know there's already a thread about this, but I didn't want to resurrect one from 6 years ago

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ty_dreams._P4737769/

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Aug 5, 19 13:52
Quote Reply
Re: Pre-Race Anxiety Dreams/Nightmares [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this scenario is already on PronHub

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These could be hilarious - I had one once where on the run I couldn't find the finish line (had to keep running hoping it would be at the next corner!)
Quote Reply
Re: Pre-Race Anxiety Dreams/Nightmares [kerikstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I took D’Girls to a race somewhere. All three of us were running. It was being held at some kids’ entertainment place [like Nifty Fifty’s] A bunch of my friends were there – some from school [Bingo Bob & his kids] and some from another social circle [John The Parrothead and his daughter]. While D’Girls were checking in, Bob’s 1st grader, Mikey, zoomed a remote control car towards the register. I stuck my foot out to stop it, but the car jumped over it like a takeoff ramp and ended up on the T-shirt table. With its wheels spinning, the little car was throwing T-shirts everywhere. The volunteers were NOT pleased.

I got D'Girls registered and off to their starting place. For some reason, the girls’ race started before the guys’. At this point I said to D’Wife, “I forgot that I’m running. I didn’t bring my gear.”

“It’s your bag in the car. You have just about enough time to get changed.”

Their gun went off and they started.

I dug around in the bag to find my shirt, shorts, sox and running shoes. Black shirt, navy shorts, white sox and white sneakers with red and yellow trim [very expensive and fast looking]. D’Wife must have borrowed the shoes though, because they were laced funny and not nearly tight enough [D’Wife’s feet are much smaller than mine, but when she does borrow my sneakers, they are always too loose when I get them back]

Now, between finding my gear, getting changed and struggling with my shoes, Bob said to me, “Dude, you’re half an hour behind; why don’t you just give up?”

“I think I can catch up.”

I don’t remember if I did or not.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The night before the first Challenge Cairns, I had a dream of being halfway through the swim, at which point realising that I had not racked my bike.
The weirdest part of all of that, was that I had not even signed up, and was 2500km away from the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Pre-Race Anxiety Dreams/Nightmares [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ABarnes wrote:
I think this scenario is already on P0rnHub

Let it be known: I have had sex in a Florida condo stairwell, but this was a different girl

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had versions of this dream for almost four decades. Trying to bike race but can't find shoes, can't pin number, can't something.

And I've had the school version of the dream - can't find my classroom, can't find my booke, etc - for longer.

Can you guess the two things that've been important in my life?

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Pre-Race Anxiety Dreams/Nightmares [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jt10000 wrote:
Can you guess the two things that've been important in my life?

Sex ... and something else?

#freudian

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I opened my eyes and realized I slept through the alarm and it’s 9:30. That’s my nightmare.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First day of school

I have my gym clothes and books in a bundle in my arms [no backpack? not even a sling bag?]

After searching and searching for the kiosk where the locks for gym lockers are sold [a little counter within the cafeteria, of all places] and purchasing a lock - for which the cashier person had a terrible time making change, and I think I ended up with more nickels, dimes & quarters than the $2.50 I gave her for the lock - I have to go find a locker. Of course, there are none available. I mean there are some, but they are either so tall I can't reach the lever to open them, and put the lock on, plus, these are oddly narrow, maybe only 3" or 4" wide; or they are short and kinda square but still not big enough to fit my clothes AND books

I'm searching and searching, but finding nothing! And time is running out! Gym class starts in 7 minutes [I could tell exactly, because I looked at my watch and it was 9:53]

Last edited by: RandMart: Sep 5, 19 6:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't run, my legs don't work I have to claw with my hands to move forward

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have nightmares about Ashley horner......
Quote Reply
Re: Pre-Race Anxiety Dreams/Nightmares [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
I opened my eyes and realized I slept through the alarm and it’s 9:30. That’s my nightmare.

same

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Pre-Race Anxiety Dreams/Nightmares [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Do you have nightmares about Ashley horner......

Not like I used to, no

But thanks for asking

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I passed through the locker room without incident, but when I got out the the room where the treadmills were supposed to e, they had all been removed

You could see where they used to be, because the carpet underneath had been undisturbed so it was brighter and cleaner

In the middle of the room, was a large TV set up, with a fold-able table in front

Apparently, one of our members was running across Kenya for some sort of awareness/charity thing, and the table was set up to accept donations

I said to one of the other members, 'Well, I'm already changed, so I can just run outside, I guess?'

As I was leaving, I notice all the other equipment [bikes, weight machines, even the free-weights] had been removed as well

Also, the gym was now very bright, with amazing windows everywhere [kinda like an industrial version of the Peloton house]

Of course, it wasn't long after I left for my run that I got lost, and all sorts of other adventures ensued, which would be too much to recount in this venue

Quote Reply
Re: Pre-Race Anxiety Dreams/Nightmares [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
s13tx wrote:

same

Same, and same.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have some THC, you'll sleep peacefully
Quote Reply
Re: Pre-Race Anxiety Dreams/Nightmares [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sleep fine; I just dream weird

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a dream the other night that I was starting my first ultra. I haven't done one IRL yet, but I do listen to a couple podcasts. The voices I've heard on Spotify manifested themselves in my dream as very friendly, very helpful, and somewhat foul-mouthed runners, who were full of encouragement and good vibes

The horn went off, and we started along

Not more than a half mile along, there was a detour - for those who wished to take it - to a table of shot glasses & lemons or limes

"Yes, you really want to do this" a young woman suggested

I threw back a shot, the alcohol burned, I started coughing and woke up

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like all your anxiety better than mine 😂. I always have dreams about crashing my bike. Whether it’s off a cliff, going 40mph down a hill, or into a barrier. If it’s open water swim then getting eaten by sharks...you know ....the norm.... 😂lol.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/11645943 https://www.instagram.com/timeforicecream/
Quote Reply
Re: Pre-Race Anxiety Dreams/Nightmares [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ABarnes wrote:
I think this scenario is already on PronHub

lol

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
I have several, so I'll space them out

The recurring dream where, while doing a triathlon, I can’t find my shoes

They are in a pile with everyone else’s shoes at T2 [one of those “let’s have fun” angles that triathlon directors throw in from time to time]. I meet a cute girl, searching for her sneakers, and within seconds we’re smitten with each other

It’s not long before we’re having sex in a Florida condo stairwell

ETA: Yeah, I know there's already a thread about this, but I didn't want to resurrect one from 6 years ago

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ty_dreams._P4737769/

OK, this ^ is a pleasant dream, not a nightmare. Unfortunately, my triathlon dreams are rather nightmares.

Actually before I did tris, after I finished my studies, I dreamt for years that I still had to do one or two exams to finish my studies.
This has stopped, but now I dream once a while that during the running leg I do not know which way to go because it is not marked which way to go so I have to stop in frustration.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At Norseman I had a nightmare that the swim was taking forever and the bonfire that signalled the turn onto the home straight was a tiny twinkle on the horizon, miles and miles away, and would never come any closer no matter how hard or fast I pulled.

Sadly it wasn't a dream and was actually happening to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I generally PB the swim, then cannot find my way out of T1...like it's a maze!

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Pre-Race Anxiety Dreams/Nightmares [DylanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DylanD wrote:
I always have dreams about crashing my bike. Whether it’s off a cliff, going 40mph down a hill, or into a barrier.

I get the Hincapie Handlebars one

Quote Reply

Prev Next