Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Prayers for a friend who was hit this morning
Quote | Reply
Disclaimer--I have heard this information through some reliable sources, but have not been able to confirm without a doubt this info.

Two cyclists were hit on Hwy. C and Hwy. 16 this morning. I haven't been able to completely confirm that it is him, but preliminary reports are that one of the cyclists was Jeff Littmann (owner of Attitude Sports). I am unsure of his condition, but the news is reporting he was flighted to Milwaukee. Please pray for Jeff. This is his second major bike accident. I am headed out of town shortly so I hope someone will update this as info comes out.

chris

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know."
~John Collins, Ironman founder

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply
Re: Prayers for a friend who was hit this morning [christian1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris:

It was Jeff Littmann, owner of Attitude Sports. He is in pretty bad shape. Airlifted by Flight-4-Life. He was training with Pro Lauren Jensen. I will get updates when possible.

Please keep Jeff in your prayers. He is a great guy, a great friend, and a great shop owner.

Jeff Littmann, a local bike racer and the owner of the Attitude Sports cycle shop in Pewaukee, was seriously injured in a crash with a car Friday morning, while he trained with triathlete Lauren Jensen, in Nashotah.
Littmann, 56, was flown by Flight for Life helicopter to Froedtert Hospital. Sources said he was undergoing surgery for severe head injuries late Friday morning.
A popular member of the Chiropractic Partners race team, Littmann has coached dozens of fellow athletes at the former Transition Cycle and the new Attitude Sports.
Jensen has been one of the most successful triathletes in the area for more than 20 years. Along with her husband, Todd, she operates the Tri Faster coaching service in New Berlin. She was standing and talking to emergency personnel after the crash.
Few details were available Friday morning. According to initial reports, the crash involving a car occurred at Wisconsin Ave., east of Woodfield Ct., in Nashotah, about 7:30 a.m.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is Lauren Jensen with the bike helmet. You can see the damage to the car.

http://www.jsonline.com/...style/104157119.html

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff is in critical condition, currently in surgery to relieve pressure to his brain. The preliminary information I have says his face is "caved in," several broken ribs, and a broken leg. He is on a ventilator to try to remove pressure. More information to follow.

Last edited by: JSA: Oct 1, 10 9:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doing Eucharistic Adoration tonight:

Prayers will be said.

When someone pulls laws out of their @$$, all we end up with are laws that smell like sh!t. -Skippy
Quote Reply
Re: Prayers for a friend who was hit this morning [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Makes me sick to my stomach. I just rode there on Monday. Sad.

chris

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know."
~John Collins, Ironman founder

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ouch. That trauma sounds horrible. Channeling my well-wishes. . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prayers and warm thoughts for him, Lauren, and his loved ones.

Yanti Ardie of Y Tri Multisport & Majick Juice for lasting critter defense & skin soothing
~ World Open Water Swimming Association Coach & Official
~ IRONMAN Certified Coach (Founding Member)
~ Triathlon Australia Professional Development Coach
~ 3 by the Sea: my Journey from death to ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
will be in prayer for this situation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It breaks my heart a little every time I hear about this. I wish him nothing but the best and hope that he comes out of this fully, smoothly, and easily.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
prayers to Jeff and a speedy and complete recovery
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least the car stopped. i just dont see what is so hard not coming close to a cyclist. Motorcycles ride in the middle of the lane. Maybe we should too since riding on the shoulder doesnt seem to he proving safe enough. Idiots. That really angers me. I hope the guy gets serious prison time.
Quote Reply
Re: Prayers for a friend who was hit this morning [zippewa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recover, Jeff!

PS: Please, let's keep the thread on good thoughts for Jeff, and not on lynching the car driver. We have no idea how things happened, but we know someone is in need of those prayers and thoughts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UPDATES:

I received an unconfirmed report that Lauren Jensen was just released from the hospital with a broken clavicle. Initial report is that she was not hit, but, went down dodging out of the way.

Latest report is that Jeff is not in surgery, but, is in the ICU. He is in critical condition and on a respirator. I went to the hospital, but, as expected, cannot get near the ICU (family only). Jeff has internal bleeding (brain). They are trying to stablize in ICU before surgery.

Regarding the accident, Jeff and Lauren were on an access road. The driver was moving at a high rate of speed. The driver claimed he never saw them, despite the sun being up and both wearing bright clothing.

Jeff is one of the toughest son-of-a-bitches I know. If anyone has a fighting chance, it is him. Thanks for all the well-wishes. Keep the prayers coming. Jeff is one of the good guys in the sport. We need him.

More updates to follow.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A cyclist was killed in Tampa, FL today as well. What an unreal state to ride in, Florida is nuts. The article states it's the 6th cyclist killed in Tampa since July 29.

http://www2.tbo.com/...ident/news-breaking/
Last edited by: Chowbacca: Oct 1, 10 11:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thoughts and prayers are with Jeff and Lauren's family

Terrible

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: Prayers for a friend who was hit this morning [jbird2131] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

What scares me is the location of the impact, since the windshield will give, the edge of the roof, not so much. Hopefully the "caved face" is just broken sinuses and ocular orbits, and nothing higher or around the back of the head.

Sobering.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any updates?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Prayers for a friend who was hit this morning [R10C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UPDATE:

Unfortunately, it is not looking good. The docs are unable to get Jeff stable enough to operate. They inserted shunts into his skull in an attempt to relieve the pressure. The latest information is that the driver was driving in excess of 50 mph. Jeff struck the windshield with the front of his head, which split his helmet in two. He traveled nearly 80 feet before striking the ground with an already split helmet. He has lacerations and blunt force trauma to the back of the head. His condition has been further downgraded.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My prayers and thoughts go out to Jeff's family and friends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA, thanks for the updates, we're all hoping that your friend pulls through.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Praying for him and his family.

Quote | Reply
After reading the account of Jordan Rapp, now this accident, I guess its time to chime in. First of all I would like to say my family and I will in Prayer on behalf of Jeff and his family. We can pray in a effective way because we are just working our way through a June 26th vacation to Boise, ID when I was hit by first car and legs run over by the following pick-up. I dont know whats going on, there seems to be an epidemic of these kind of happenings gone on all over. You notice I didnt call them accidents because I dont think they are, people are not paying attention to us and there needs to be stiffer penalties against the offending drivers. Believe me, this is not just some random rant, my family and I are living the reality of these drivers not paying attention to what they're doing. Please call your local tv station,newspaper and ask for bicycle awareness advertisement. In little Boise area at least 3 people this year have been killed. Sorry if I've gone on beyond my time but I hope that some activisim will begin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know Jeff, but this story has really been on my mind today. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

I wish this wonderful sport wasn't so dangerous.

Quote | Reply
very sad....ongoing prayers for athlete and safety of all cyclists training and racing........JB
Quote Reply

Prev Next