Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Powertap Pedals - On sale today who's buying?
Quote | Reply
Curious to know who on ST is thinking of buying the new pedals? I am on the fence, I really like my speedplay pedals, not sure I want to give them up.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Pedals - On sale today who's buying? [Mcluvin22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've learned not to pre-order, rather to let people who pre-order tell me whether or not its worth it. Just my $0.02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordered. We'll see how it goes. I was actually getting ready to buy Vectors when they announced these a couple of months ago so have been waiting. I'm a little hesitant about gen 1 product but PT has been doing power a long time and it's pretty much all they do. Plus everybody raves about PT customer service so I can't imagine they won't be standing behind this product. I was even thinking of going 4iiii when that was announced but glad I didn't; all the delays they had and it was the companies first move into power (as far as I know).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be buying....just not today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks pretty good. I would feel comfortable buying these first-gen. Probably this is really more like a second gen product since PT has the resources to extensively develop and test the product. Much different than some of the smaller companies that launch a power product, or some of the startups that come to market with a flashy idea that is not even produced yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Pedals - On sale today who's buying? [Burhed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You made the right decision not going with the Vectors... Read the Garmin message board about the 3.5 firmware problems and how they pedals drop power data after 2 hours of riding. The was brought to Garmin's attention weeks ago and no response from them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really want them, but I just got my G3 hub this winter so I can't justify another expense. And I love the G3, so I don't really feel the need to change, I just like the idea of pedals so I could change wheels anytime I want.

Powertap / Cycleops / Saris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd buy them if they were Speedplays. I need the toe out and the float.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any word on shipping date?
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Pedals - On sale today who's buying? [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Per the Powertap Facebook announcement a few days ago they said shipping June 22nd.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Pedals - On sale today who's buying? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
I'd buy them if they were Speedplays. I need the toe out and the float.

You couldn't just adjust the cleat position?

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Pedals - On sale today who's buying? [Burhed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burhed wrote:
Per the Powertap Facebook announcement a few days ago they said shipping June 22nd.

Cool! I'll probably get a pair to try out.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Pedals - On sale today who's buying? [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beercity wrote:
Looks pretty good. I would feel comfortable buying these first-gen. Probably this is really more like a second gen product since PT has the resources to extensively develop and test the product. Much different than some of the smaller companies that launch a power product, or some of the startups that come to market with a flashy idea that is not even produced yet.

I wouldn't consider this a gen2 product at all. If they had all of these resources to test their product then where is the data? Which pro or semi pro teams have been using them for 8 months now and can give testimony to their reliability, durability, battery life, and ease of installation/swapping? Where is the DC rainmaker full review along with Robert Chungs analysis to help?

I'm not saying that these PT pedals will have major gen1 issues, but if they really did test them enough to be considered gen2, they are doing an extremely poor job of making those tests and first hand testimony available to potential buyers.

If they suddenly release such data, or it is already out and I am not aware of it, I will kindly recind my thoughts. Until then though...its gen1 in my eyes.
Last edited by: Jason N: Jun 12, 15 10:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be buying a pair, but probably not until Christmas. This will be my first power meter and I like the idea of being able to swap them between bikes with minimal hassle and setup.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Pedals - On sale today who's buying? [seattlejp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seattlejp wrote:
You made the right decision not going with the Vectors... Read the Garmin message board about the 3.5 firmware problems and how they pedals drop power data after 2 hours of riding. The was brought to Garmin's attention weeks ago and no response from them.

bs my friends has a set with the latest version and he has never had a problem...

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Pedals - On sale today who's buying? [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd imagine the majority of potential buyers will not know about/care about the tendency of 1st gen products to be sketchy. They would rather just put a product out there and not instill doubt with a lot of defensive data dumping.

I ordered a pair and really hope PT lives up to its deserved reputation.

The target ship date is June 22nd, but if they run out of stock, it may take awhile later. FWIW, a friend also ordered a pair about 15 minutes before me (6:30 vs 6:45...opened at 6:00) and his order number is ~50 spots lower.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Pedals - On sale today who's buying? [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pedals shipping this month are only consumer direct(not available in shops until these prove to be reliable and their csr's are trained with them). They are ready and think the product is going to be a big hit, but are rolling it our conservatively.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone with an inside track up there know when the dual Ant+\BTLE g3 cap is coming out and for how much? Noticed they floored the price of the caps today to $49, might not even matter to anyone to have dual at that price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered one this morning as well... I have a 6 digit sales order number and was curious what last 3 digits you have? (assuming thats the sequential order)
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Pedals - On sale today who's buying? [cruzn83180] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ours were: 51661X and 51665X.
What is yours?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine was 51661X and I ordered exactly at opening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered right at 8 am (central) and have order number within 20 of your first number.
Last edited by: DextrosePLZ: Jun 12, 15 14:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was their any tax or shipping?
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Pedals - On sale today who's buying? [theviens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tax = Yes
Shipping = No, but maybe later per the email.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Pedals - On sale today who's buying? [theviens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
theviens wrote:
Was their any tax or shipping?
Tax-no...Oregon :)
Yeah, that s/h to be decided line kinda bugged me. They have a policy that all orders over $100 ship free, but have a $4 handling charge: https://www.powertap.com/...rt/shipping-delivery
Quote Reply

Prev Next