Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Powertap P1 problem - Help!
Quote | Reply
Hi, after 3 months of use my powertap p1 right side pedal started to flash de red and green light. I cannot connect to any device (ANT or BLE). Does anyone now what's happening and how to fix it?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 problem - Help! [denissw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which of these scenarios matches what you are seeing...

Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 problem - Help! [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! Thanks for the help... Both leds are on for 2 seconds!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UPDATE -- in case someone have the same problem, it is a kind of electrical issue. I've got in touch with powertap and they were amazing! Changed the pedals at once. I'm extremely satisfied with their costumer service, made me confidant with the brand and surely will continue to recommend to everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same problem. Any other method without having to send in the pedals for replacement?
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 problem - Help! [skyjuice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clean caps, change batteries. See if switching caps left - right changes anything.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
denissw wrote:
UPDATE -- in case someone have the same problem, it is a kind of electrical issue. I've got in touch with powertap and they were amazing! Changed the pedals at once. I'm extremely satisfied with their costumer service, made me confidant with the brand and surely will continue to recommend to everyone.

Not sure that I want to be the person to post a rant against a company on here, but my experience with PowerTap over the last 3+ months has been miserable and whenever my pedals die I won't purchase their products again. Glad you had your issue fixed

EDIT - just saw how old this post is - welp that might explain the difference in CS

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Last edited by: ChasingPB: May 10, 19 3:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, don't send the pedals in expecting a replacement. I've had multiple issues now and PT just stopped responding to me

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same feedback re. their costumer service, the issue is that I have to use the costumer service all the fing time because the pedals are always malfunctioning.

TBH regardless of how nice the people at Saris are and how well they always treat me, when I purchase a product as expensive as the P1 pedals I don't expect to deal with costumer support ever, let alone 4 times in the last 6 months.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 problem - Help! [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried using new battery on the problematic right pedal. It worked for a while before the issue resurfaced again! Try swapping the cap from the left to the right, still the same. This is driving me crazy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I had the problem they told there was no way to fix that at home.

Sad to hear that their costumer service has gone worst. After they replaced my pedals I haven't had any kind of problem. Hope you guys can find a solution.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 problem - Help! [dswajman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do they only replace pedals that are under warranty?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my case the pedals were under warranty. But maybe because is a problem with the inside electronics they could do exemptions. 2 years ago when I call they were great and said that this specific problem they would replace it directly.
Quote Reply