Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power noob: Just got gifted an SRM PM6, can I make it work with my current setup?
Quote | Reply
So I was just given a pm6 that came with the following set up (with the small ring also):

It is this version:

and having never used power and especially not a SRM before, I have a few questions.

Is it possible to just swap the spider to my current 1x setup? I highly doubt it but after getting it and reading I'm not finding any simple information regarding how they can be used. Will I also be required to use the cranks attached or could I use my sram force 1 cranks? I assume SRM has to calibrate the entire thing with whatever setup I choose anyways right? If I'm not seeing it on my show up on my garmin just sitting around does that mean the battery is dead?

This is my current setup (sram force 1 with a GXP bb):

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Power noob: Just got gifted an SRM PM6, can I make it work with my current setup? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The SRM Powermeter/spider is setup for the specific cranks as well the crankarms being drilled for the fixing bolt. You can run the FSA SRM as a 1x, you need to get the bolts from Wolf Tooth components. Go to the SRM site to lookup the torque specs for the chainring.
Quote Reply
Re: Power noob: Just got gifted an SRM PM6, can I make it work with my current setup? [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 1x bolts that wolf tooth sells dont look any different from the ones I have now. Do they space differently or something?

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Power noob: Just got gifted an SRM PM6, can I make it work with my current setup? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In general, assuming your Force cranks are 130 bcd, your chainring can be reused just fine.

I think the prior response was just saying that you'll need to use the SRM cranks - I'd add that you'll need to change to a compatible bottom bracket. (Likely a MegaExo, or a Shimano Hollowtech II since it should be the same spindle size on a gossamer?)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The ones you are currently running should be good.
Quote Reply