Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power meter
Quote | Reply
Thinking of getting a power meter.

First question can you get a Stages or 4iiii on a FSA gossamer crankset? I know they both fell in price big time but if I have to do crankset gymnastics and bottom bracket changes it’s no longer cheap.

Power pod looks good and cheap. Is it a realistic option?

If all else fails I’d just spend the Faverio Uno. I’d go for the dual sided but I’m trying to jam as much value into my tri purchases as I can.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run both a power pod ( actually a previous version but similar device) and a 4iiii single side on my bike at the same time. I like the wind data, and good slope data from the velocomp (power pod) and the power data are fairly similar between the two, though for consistency I use the 4iiii data for my record keeping etc.. As for getting 4iiii on the FSA look at the 4iiii site or contact them, they are great at responding and it may be taht they will need you to send in your crank to have it installed?
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMHO, the single-sided Assioma at $415 is a no-brainer versus the other two options and likely incompatibility with a Gossamer crank. You can always upgrade it to dual-sided later for another $400. (Though, at $650 up front for dual-sided, that is also a highly-compelling option.)
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s5100e wrote:
I run both a power pod ( actually a previous version but similar device) and a 4iiii single side on my bike at the same time. I like the wind data, and good slope data from the velocomp (power pod) and the power data are fairly similar between the two, though for consistency I use the 4iiii data for my record keeping etc.. As for getting 4iiii on the FSA look at the 4iiii site or contact them, they are great at responding and it may be taht they will need you to send in your crank to have it installed?

What do you use for a speed sensor? Really just attracted to the price since everything seems to say it’s pretty good. Should I go with Garmin/wahoo brand name type or will anything do?

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply