Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power Tap question
Quote | Reply
I'm seriously considering spending my finite cash on a power meter, since I think it would do me more good than a new pair of wheels.

With that in mind, I think the powertap offers the best price/performance (please give your comments if you disagree), but I'd rather not get a new wheel to put the hub in.

Does anyone know if you can lace the powertap hub into unconventional rims? I've got a 24 spoke Rolf Vector that I'd like to put it in (uneven spoke spacing along the rim), and I'm worried this would mess up the strain guage readings or something. The Rolf hub looks conventional, so maybe this is nothing to worry about.

Also, does anyone have an estimate of how much shops generally charge to lace up/build a wheel? I'd like to have it done right, but it may be more economical to just buy a powertap already built into a wheel (though I feel the taps commonly bundled with a mavic open pro would be a step down).

andy

----
Aerosexual.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Tap question [andy497] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The guys at Wheelbuilder.com lace PTs into a pretty good variety of rims. I did notice however, in my PT manual that the manufacturer tells you not lace them radially. Don't know if that is any help to you, but I would contact Wheelbuilder.com. They did a nice job for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Tap question [andy497] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out http://www.bontrager.com/...asp?id=120&pt=10 for an "unconventional" rim, fully supported by Graber (the Power Tap people).

Ken Lehner

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply