Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power Source: Smart trainer or on bike power meter?
Quote | Reply
I have a Saris H2 trainer, and my bikes have a Stages Left power meter. I have been using the Stages power meter as the power source in Zwift while connecting the controllable trainer. I was thinking this would give me better indoor to outdoor power values, but now I'm thinking it might be simpler to just use the Smart Trainer as power and control. Also, I have an offer for a dedicated trainer bike, but would not want to spend money on an additional Stages. I'm going to try it, but was just curious what people do and why.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Source: Smart trainer or on bike power meter? [brando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have my kickr report to zwift, but have my Garmin record data as well from my p1s on about 25% of my rides just as a control to ensure I'm still getting reliable info from the kickr.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Source: Smart trainer or on bike power meter? [brando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the gen1 Hammer and assioma uno pedals. I tend to run the hammer with trainerroad and send the uno power to zwift and my garmin. Because the uno is left based I tend to kind of "trust" the hammer a bit more as a more accurate reflection, I'm just going to assume there are times my left-right balance might not be spot on. Generally, though, the powers align really closely. Sometimes, if my drive train is needing lube like it did this past week, my pedals can read 10ish w higher. I think the power from the Hammer series is quite reliable.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Source: Smart trainer or on bike power meter? [347CX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, good info from both of you. Currently only using a single app but this gives me some good guidelines. Think I will do some tests and see where the numbers come out.
Quote Reply