Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power Pedal Metrics on Computer Screen
Quote | Reply
Anyone with Power Pedals, find a way to display Power, L/R percentages, TS and other power analytics on their computer screen? I know I could use my head unit, but then I'd have to disconnect from Strava each time I use it indoors to prevent duplicate workouts. And I don't really want to do that. I'm thinking about an interface that can display metrics in it's own window. I'm thinking of writing a C#, .NET Core or simple python app that can listen to Ant+ and display the information from the PM device. Wonder if someone has already done this.

FWIW, I have Favero Assioma pedals, a Wahoo Kickr and Wahoo Bolt, and Zwift using a Gaming Laptop (PC).

Anyone else interested in this if I move forward with this idea...
Quote Reply
Re: Power Pedal Metrics on Computer Screen [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got absolutely zero experience/knowledge with this but it always seems like when obscure edge case tech questions like this come up, Golden Cheetah is the most common answer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you only want to see the metrics while riding, record and then discard on the Wahoo (I use Garmin, but assume you can discard on the Wahoo).

If you want to be able to analyze the stats afterwards, then you could disconnect Zwift from Strava (will miss the pretty maps on Strava) and record on Wahoo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
Anyone with Power Pedals, find a way to display Power, L/R percentages, TS and other power analytics on their computer screen? I know I could use my head unit, but then I'd have to disconnect from Strava each time I use it indoors to prevent duplicate workouts. And I don't really want to do that. I'm thinking about an interface that can display metrics in it's own window. I'm thinking of writing a C#, .NET Core or simple python app that can listen to Ant+ and display the information from the PM device. Wonder if someone has already done this.

FWIW, I have Favero Assioma pedals, a Wahoo Kickr and Wahoo Bolt, and Zwift using a Gaming Laptop (PC).

Anyone else interested in this if I move forward with this idea...

To be clear that I'm reading correctly, you are looking for this data real time and not just for post workout analytics, correct?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not just have them on your head unit and discard the workout at the end?
Quote Reply
Re: Power Pedal Metrics on Computer Screen [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct. I'd like to see the metrics while working out. I just don't want to make changes to my head unit. And it might be a fun project. Now that I manage a dev team, I don't get to write much code anymore.
Quote Reply