Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power Options
Quote | Reply
Need help - paralysis by analysis. Was looking at Cmputrainer. Now considering a trainer plus an "on-road" power device: Tacx Basic Trainer gives the trainer plus ergometer function ($360), plus a powertap wheel giving on-road wattage ($800). This will give me same functionality of computrainer (minus spinscan & 3D video) plus on-road power. Was considering the Polar 710 option so I'm not tied to a specific wheel, but I've heard the system is a little fragile. Any comments (particularly regarding the quality of the Tacx - I don't know anyone that actually owns one!).
Quote Reply
Re: Power Options [MattinRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't help you on the "on the road" options, but one of the bet parts of the Computrainer is the Spin Scan. I don't even ride the courses on the CT (sometimes, not often), but use the Spin Scan every time i ride it. It is probably the best feature that the CT offers.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Options [MattinRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some options you did not list, the c-trainer allows you to save a performance and ride against yourself later - I find this to be extremely encouraging. The ability to download/build courses and practice them is great.

I don't have the polar 710 but I've been using the 510 for almost a year now. The workout interval features are great. The bike speed sensor was tough to install the first time but I've never had a problem since and I'm pretty tough on my gear.
Quote Reply