Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Power Meters: GARMIN VECTOR 3 or FAVERO ASSIOMA PEDALS [Physiojoe925] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have some nice reviews, I'll let you guys know how they work.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meters: GARMIN VECTOR 3 or FAVERO ASSIOMA PEDALS [Jamie73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using the Assioma Due for around two months and have had no issues. MY only slight complaint is that they are stiff to clip in and out of even on the loosest setting.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meters: GARMIN VECTOR 3 or FAVERO ASSIOMA PEDALS [OllyOllyOlly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OllyOllyOlly wrote:
I have been using the Assioma Due for around two months and have had no issues. MY only slight complaint is that they are stiff to clip in and out of even on the loosest setting.

I've noticed the same thing. I came over from Shimano pedals before, and been told that all Kleo cleats are like that (i.e. it's not an Assioma thing). Don't know if that's true or not. Otherwise the Assioma pedals are awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meters: GARMIN VECTOR 3 or FAVERO ASSIOMA PEDALS [bigredrude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had Keo pedals before and they were definitely easier to clip out of than the Assioma. I read on DC Rainmaker that someone has sent their pedals back to italy to put a more pliable spring in.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meters: GARMIN VECTOR 3 or FAVERO ASSIOMA PEDALS [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmanatee wrote:
So Favero says "Original" Keo cleats are compatible with the Assioma. What are "Original" Keo cleats? I've been using the Keo with the same cleat for probably 6 years. Before that there was Delta I believe. Is there a newer Keo cleat? I have a pair of Classic and Max Keo pedals. Did run my Keo cleats in the Assioma on my first ride with the pedals, and it didn't feel right. Left pedal was reasonable, but right wiggled all over the place, yet was difficult to clip out. Granted, these Keo cleats have seen plenty of miles, so they weren't new in that sense, but they're on a pair of shoes that I only use inside, so they're not beat to crap either. Used the Favero included cleats on my second ride, and was much better, but still seemed a bit mushy when clipping in and out. Not as crisp as the Keo/Keo combo. Was hoping to just use my old Keo cleats since I have Keo pedals on all my other bikes, and matching cleats on 3-4 pairs of shoes.
I suspect that they mean made by Look as opposed to the cleats for the PowerTap pedals.

Janyne
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meters: GARMIN VECTOR 3 or FAVERO ASSIOMA PEDALS [jmkizer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. They eventually replied to an email I sent them and that was the case.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meters: GARMIN VECTOR 3 or FAVERO ASSIOMA PEDALS [Jamie73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jamie73 wrote:
I got them on clever training. Had to purchase the VIP program which was discounted to $9.99. Pretty good deal. The VIP is a lifetime purchase I think.
VIP gets you 10% off, still not clear how you get 20% off the Assioma's, since they're excluded from the 20% spring VIP sale.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meters: GARMIN VECTOR 3 or FAVERO ASSIOMA PEDALS [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree.. unless he did some magic - no way 20%.. I was eying it as well but it ended as 10% only. The P1 pedals was 20% tho.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meters: GARMIN VECTOR 3 or FAVERO ASSIOMA PEDALS [myjunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I apologize. I went back and checked and it was only 10%. I did get the pedals yesterday and just as advertised installation was a breeze. Fit and finish is excellent. The clips are a little tight but not as bad as I thought it was going to be after reading some reviews. Nice to have a properly functioning power meter again.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meters: GARMIN VECTOR 3 or FAVERO ASSIOMA PEDALS [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the power tap P1 pedals, dual-sided.
I don’t think I would bother with dual sided if I ever replaced them. I have never seen any variance other than 49/51 or 50/50.
I am not sure I would know how to change the variance if it did occur anyway and whether it would be easy to do it or not.

My foray into time trialling at the age of 60
https://sixtyplustimetrialling.wordpress.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meters: GARMIN VECTOR 3 or FAVERO ASSIOMA PEDALS [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I was ready to pull the trigger on the Assiomas at 20% off but 10% isn't quite worth it. Oh well.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meters: GARMIN VECTOR 3 or FAVERO ASSIOMA PEDALS [tritexas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the V3 since Dec 2017. They work fine. I've used them mostly on the trainer, but outdoors a few times, include one duathlon. Swapping among bikes is easy - but the crank arm length of the bike that is always on the trainer is different than all the other bikes, so I have a note in the ziplock bag that hold the pedals between bikes to adjust the crank arm length when installing.
Some of the V3 criticisms are correct and concerning. As an engineer, the wonky-a** method to electrically insulate the batteries is stupid and cheap and insulting on a $1000 device. The entire V3 battery situation is inexcusable - they had ample opportunity to learn from the P1s. So, do you want a 'name brand' with a long history of standing behind their products with robust customer service - which is necessary because many of their devices are released to customers as 'near final' beta designs? Or do you want to save $200-ish (still an expensive device) from a relatively unknown manufacturer that has uncertain customer service but a seemingly robust power meter (so, maybe the customer service is less important)? Really, it sounds as if it's a toss-up...
Quote Reply

Prev Next