Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power Meter for Scott Foil
Quote | Reply
Hi guys

I've just found out that I'm getting a relatively decent bonus in this month's pay packet :) and have pretty much decided that I want to buy a power meter for my new bike...

The question is, which power meter? I already have a stages left side power meter on my other road bike that I can transfer to my TT bike (both are BB30 bottom brackets) but this will not work with the Scott as it's not BB30. It also won't work as the Scott's rear brake is under the bottom bracket at there is not enough clearance between the brake arm and the crank for a pod on the inside of the crank arm. So Stages, 4iii etc. are out of the question.

I have ultegra Di2 on the Scott and do like the look of the crank so, ideally, don't want a crank based PM that is going to drastically change the look.

I have also just spent a relatively decent sum of money on Shimano pedals for all of my bikes so don't particularly want that investment to have been wasted, so P1 Garmin Vector are not ideal.

From my looking around the one that really seems to fit the bill is the Watteam powerbeat. It is pretty untested, though...

Any others that I'm missing or overlooking?

Thanks all
Last edited by: lbmxj560: Apr 19, 18 3:20
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meter for Scott Foil [lbmxj560] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I was you I'd get Shimano Vector 3 pedals.
The fact that you already bought new pedals is a red herring. It's done, you can't change that, but don't let it adversely influence your choice of PM. I wish I liked Shimano pedals, unfortunately I use Speedplay so there's no pedal options for me.
Get pedal based PM and sell one of your recently purchased pedal sets to recoup a little of the cost if you can. The powerbeats look like a reasonable option but I'd much rather get the PM integrated into the pedal if that were an option, which it is for you. Favero Assioma or however it's spelt is also a nice option, though I'd rather the Vectors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put a Tririg Omega X brake on the rear. The stages clears it fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meter for Scott Foil [New3901] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that's a good idea. Is that on a foil you've done that?

I'm UK based so getting an Omega is a little more tricky but I like this a lot!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. 2016 Foil 10. I run the Ultegra up front. It took a couple of rides to forget how different the two brakes feel. It never crosses my mind now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode a Foil last season and there is a low-profile TRP brake that fits also. I ran a drive-side Pioneer powermeter on mine with a DA9100 rear brake though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get Pioneer to install a drive side PM on the crank you have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lbmxj560 wrote:
I have ultegra Di2 on the Scott and do like the look of the crank so, ideally, don't want a crank based PM that is going to drastically change the look.
Quarq DFour GXP

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply