Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power Cranks or POSE
Quote | Reply
At the beginning of December I changed my running for to the POSE method. It was terrible, sore calves, skyrocketing heart rate. It took me almost 4 weeks before I could go 40 minutes without stopping.

Also in December I started PC's, much the same story, toasted hip flexors, high heart rate etc.I was exclusively inside on a trainer. In the end I actually think the running was the most painful.

At the end of November I had a key 10k race that I had trained for. 10 weeks of intervals plus tempos and long runs. At the end I did a 3mile Aet test. I did the same test in the end of December and was over 3 minutes slower.

During January I have only ran in the aerobic range with no long runs and the same amount of weekly runs. I have also done PC's 3x60 min per week.

I did a 3 mile Aet retest and was 47 seconds faster then the November test. I was very pleased with the results. My running was at a three year plateua prior to this and I am getting faster every week. At this point I am giving POSE and PC's equal credit. I still struggle a bit with POSE, the PC's while hard I seemed to have adapted.

Joe
Quote Reply
Re: PowerCranks or POSE [xshuffler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everything counts. Hard to know the relative benefits without a study. Maybe those who have done POSE without PC's can report their experiences and those who have done PC's without POSE can report theirs and those who have done both can report theirs and we can possibly figure out which is most beneficial. Since POSE is free (isn't it), if it offers any benefit it would seem cost effective.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply