Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power Control 7 Compatability
Quote | Reply
Morning all form the UK,.

I have a question concerning the compatibility with the power control 7/8 and monitoring devices.

1. Is the pc7/8 compatible with other power meters and can monitor power output or is it just specific to SRM.

2. What compatible speed and hrm sensors can you use or just suunto and SRM specific.

Thanks all.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Control 7 Compatability [kaihirst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kaihirst wrote:
Morning all form the UK,.

I have a question concerning the compatibility with the power control 7/8 and monitoring devices.

1. Is the pc7/8 compatible with other power meters and can monitor power output or is it just specific to SRM.

2. What compatible speed and hrm sensors can you use or just suunto and SRM specific.

Thanks all.

1.- PC7 only reads power in ant+ ctf protocol messages, so you would need to use a powermeter that sends power measurements using that protocol. This is a special protocol and as far as I know, only SRM and some Quarq models (with a special configuration) are capable of doing so. On the other hand, PC8 reads both ant+ ctf and ant+ pwr protocol, the later is what most powermeter use. Neither of those units read bluetooth power messages.

2.- Both are compatible with any hrm or speed sensors that transmit over ANT+ (and also suunto for the PC7).

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply