Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power 2 max
Quote | Reply
I’ve found a pretty good deal on a power 2 max meter with chainrings and FSA cranks.

I have a 2013 cervelo P2 with the mega exo BB and I’m not sure if I can make it work for my bike.

The listed compatible BBs listed are:
BB30, BB386EVO, BB86, BB90, BBRIGHT, BSA68, ITA70, PF30

Is there any way to make this work with my bike? Thanks in advance! I’m new to all this B.B. stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Power 2 max [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FSA Gossamer megaexo cranks?
Quote Reply
Re: Power 2 max [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s correct
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, You can make it work.

1. You first need a BSA30 bottom bracket. you can buy a more expensive one from Rotor or a cheaper one from Aliexpress.

2. You may need to buy spacers depending on the lenght of your axle/width of bb.
Quote Reply
Re: Power 2 max [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If he's got megaexo cranks and a megaexo BB, it should just work should it not? That's what I've got anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could be mistaken, but is sounds like the P2M is NOT mega exo based on the list of compatible BB's

"The listed compatible BBs listed are:
BB30, BB386EVO, BB86, BB90, BBRIGHT, BSA68, ITA70, PF30 "

My assumption (based on the quote) is that this P2M has a 30mm axle diameter and his current Mega Exo is only 24mm. ...I don't care how much you try, you ain't gonna be able to put a 30mm axle into a 24mm BB;).

Zenmaster28 wrote:
If he's got megaexo cranks and a megaexo BB, it should just work should it not? That's what I've got anyway.

Quote Reply
Re: Power 2 max [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
I could be mistaken, but is sounds like the P2M is NOT mega exo based on the list of compatible BB's

"The listed compatible BBs listed are:
BB30, BB386EVO, BB86, BB90, BBRIGHT, BSA68, ITA70, PF30 "

My assumption (based on the quote) is that this P2M has a 30mm axle diameter and his current Mega Exo is only 24mm. ...I don't care how much you try, you ain't gonna be able to put a 30mm axle into a 24mm BB;).

Zenmaster28 wrote:

If it's BSA or ITA compatible then it has a 24 mm axle

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Power 2 max [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've go a rotor 3df (30mm axle) on my threaded British bb bike.

Rotor make a bsa30 bb, which has quite narrow bearings which works a treat. Not sure how long they'll last though.
Quote Reply
Re: Power 2 max [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm. You’re likely right.

If we really get specific here, the compatible list only really excludes this crank as bb30 specific (ie, short axel).

So, the best answer to the op is that it will work, and likely won’t require a new B.B.. To confirm, we’d really need more information
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I threw the power2max power meter with FSA Gossamer cranks on my 2013 P2 a few month ago. Since I am not a big fan of the FSA bottom brackets I went with the Shimano Ultegra 6800 SM-BBR60 BSA and fits perfectly. I have also tried the Dura Ace version and for some reason it is a tiny bit narrower and won’t work.
Quote Reply
Re: Power 2 max [LasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the power meter in question:

https://www.ebay.com/...481888.c100675.m4236

I did verify that my P2 has the MegaExo BB.

Thanks for all the help so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pictures/description don't explicitly show/describe the axle.

It 'kinda' looks like it's a 24mm axle, which would be 100% compatible fit with your MegaExo BB, but I would ask the seller to clarify to be sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Listed for $425 but you can buy a new P2Max NGeco FSA Megaexo for $490...

https://www.power2max.ca/...gaexo-power-meter-2/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the route I would go as well so I would get a warranty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zenmaster28 wrote:
Listed for $425 but you can buy a new P2Max NGeco FSA Megaexo for $490...

https://www.power2max.ca/...gaexo-power-meter-2/

I had not seen that. Thanks for the info!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just make an offer on the eBay one and see what happens. I personally would offer about $50 less than the asking price considering the used market on power meters out there. Otherwise just buy new (especially if the crank length you prefer is not the same as the eBay one).
Last edited by: loxx0050: Mar 15, 18 7:56
Quote Reply