Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post run arch soarness
Quote | Reply
I’ve starting training for my first iron man in September (not yet canceled fingers crossed). Training has started around 2 months ago and around a month ago as I started longer more intense run sessions my right foot arch started to get sore. Until training I only did running occasionally as I’m a road cyclist. Last year I had fitted out shoes and in the analysis it seems I slightly pronate and so bought a pair of Hoka Arahi 3. I don’t have a flat arch and it doesn’t seem too high. The Hokas’ certainly helped as pain from my tendons disappeared which I always faced when I ran in the past for more than 20 mins. I understand that as my running legs and feet are new to training so much I can face some pain initially but it’s almost 2 months now and the pain is not going. I have rigged an arch support that came with my Giro road bike shoes to try improve but not much difference. Also I do some exercises such as massage the arch with a golf ball, lift a cloth with the toe etc. I am thinking of ordering orthotic insoles and so any advice would be helpful. Also, I never used stability shoes in the past so wondering is that could that be the issue and so should I get a pair of neutral shoes to try out and compare
Quote Reply
Re: Post run arch soarness [Omar7375] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would suggest that you give yourself two or three years of training before doing an Ironman race.
Quote Reply
Re: Post run arch soarness [Omar7375] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many more qualified people here, but it does sound like you started a bit too soon with long and intense runs given you've not been running regularly previously. I had something similar when I increased mileage to quickly and had to take a couple of weeks off and ease my way back into it.
Quote Reply