Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post race food, extras
Quote | Reply
I did a 1/2 marathon trail race this weekend which had the best post race food I've ever had, bar none. No triathlon, road race or IM has even come close.
  • chips and fresh homemade salsa
  • fresh hot vegatable soup
  • fresh hot vegetarian beans
  • sodas
  • gatorade
  • coffee
  • hot water and packets of cider and hot chocolate
  • strawberries(with hot chocolate fondue for dipping)
  • cantelope
  • honey dew
  • grapes
  • oranges
  • broccoli & carrots w/ dipping sauce
  • boiled potatoes
  • boiled eggs
  • bagels
  • peanut butter and jelly
  • cookies(4 different kinds)
  • muffins
  • cupcakes
  • cinnamon rolls
  • m&m's
  • donuts(powdered and assorted glazed)
  • eclairs
  • cheese nips
  • goldfish
  • saltines
  • graham crackers

I'm sure I left some stuff out, but you get the idea. What amazed me was the quantities. There was a whole trailer with supplies. There was virtually an unlimited supply of everything. When something ran out we simply went to the trailer to replace it. Our RD was cooking the beans and soup and when the soup ran low, she cut more onions, etc on the spot. When the fondue got stiff it was reheated. It was a 2 hour smorgasbord.

Did I mention there were only 130-160 people in the race? Or that the fee for the 1/2 mary was only $20? There was a raffle where lots of goodies were given away and nice awards were given as well.

I told the one of the RD's that I'd never seen such a spread at a race and she told me she and her hubby always spent 100% of the race fees on the races themselves.

Makes it frustrating when you pay $70-$150 bucks for a race and get a bagel and 1/2 a banana at the end. Yes, I know a trail race means you don't have to pay police, etc, but still...

BTW, I finished 4th overall with a 1:50! If that alone doesn't tell you what the course was like, maybe this will: I ran back to back miles in 4:03 and 16:40.
Quote Reply
Re: Post race food, extras [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, and here I was longing for the days when Presidents Choice was the primary sponsor of our local race series. The RD must come dangerously close to losing money at a race like that. Word gets out and he'll have a stampede of starving runners beating a path to his races. Good job at the race btw...I'd have been dead last. Good thing there would have still been food left at the finish for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goldfish?

Oh, the crackers ... I gotcha. For a minute there I thought the race was to a frat house ... or in Texas. It's late, I'm silly. Good night.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Post race food, extras [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ladies and gentlemen..you have just witnessed what could possibly be the shortest response in the history of triple threat. Either he is truly very tired..or the world will come to an end very shortly. In the event of the latter please sent all of your tri gear to Team Second Hand Racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The KTown tri in Kingston, Ontario gets my vote as the best post-race food in Ontario. I too, miss having President's Choice as the sponsor of the Trisport series but last at KTown the food was awesome ..... plus it was their 20th anniversary so they had a great big birthday cake!
Quote Reply
Re: Post race food, extras [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Concise is my middle name. Annoying is just an alias I use at this site.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was this one of the Pacific Trails races? They do a great job. Congrats on your finish!
clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Post race food, extras [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Was this one of the Pacific Trails races? They do a great job. Congrats on your finish!
clm

Nah. It was in SoCal. Brutal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am so hungry now!!!
Quote Reply