Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post Race Bike Fit Critique
Quote | Reply
Had an awesome bike leg (3 min PR) this weekend. No pain during the ride or off the bike (yay!). Considering removing a few spacers to get a little more aero.

A few questions: Hips rocking - not sure if this is normal or not, or if my seatpost needs to go up/down a few mm. 31" inseam, 170mm cranks, which can't change (crank power meter).

Arm angle - One of the guys in my run club helped with the fit (he used to do road bike fits back in the day) and put me on a 100mm stem (from 80 that was stock) and moved my reach out a bit. However, looking at the video, I'm at greater than 90 deg now at my arm angle. My assumption is lowering the cockpit would then decrease that angle a bit as my body would be further over the pads. Cockpit is a Profile Design T4, so I do have a lot of flexibility as far as pad / bar placement, if needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXlg6HblmY8
Quote Reply
Re: Post Race Bike Fit Critique [caverunner17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why can't you change the cranks?
Quote Reply
Re: Post Race Bike Fit Critique [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Why can't you change the cranks?
Because that's my power meter. No interest in dropping another $500-600+ for a new power meter and crankset. I'm also comfortable on the 170 length, especially on climbs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on your progress! I think you have plenty of room to drop the whole front end. Pad y/x dimensions and seat height would help clarify matters.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would say solid overall, just rotate everything forwards (saddle forwards and up a little, cockpit down). What saddle and how fore-aft is it?
Quote Reply
Re: Post Race Bike Fit Critique [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuller wrote:
Congratulations on your progress! I think you have plenty of room to drop the whole front end. Pad y/x dimensions and seat height would help clarify matters.

Thanks! Can't beat a 2MPH increase on a sprint distance. Almost averaged 23MPH. Maybe next year!

Edit: Also, in regards to cadence, my last race cadence was 92 with a 199w average (probably about 10W lower than I should have been, based on recent workouts....)

These are rough estimates (measured with a tape measurer in inches, converted to mm)
Pad Y - 628mm
Pad X - 476mm
Seat (from top of saddle to center of BB) 683mm

Saddle photos below. Saddle itself hasn't seemed to give me any issues since I've gotten the bike (no hot spots or numbness). It's the stock saddle, but seems way more comfortable than the one I was using last season:

Last edited by: caverunner17: Jun 3, 19 21:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
caverunner17 wrote:
Saddle itself hasn't seemed to give me any issues since I've gotten the bike (no hot spots or numbness). It's the stock saddle, but seems way more comfortable than the one I was using last season:
Cool; you can still bring it forwards a bit on the rails, which will probably be required if you drop the front end. But that rotation will change the way you contact the saddle, which may warrant reassessing your selection.
Quote Reply