Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post Marathon - pain around the obliques/ribs post run whats the cause?
Quote | Reply
After my last 2 marathons I experienced a feeling as if someone just punched me the ribs. Is this due to bad running form?
Quote Reply
Re: Post Marathon - pain around the obliques/ribs post run whats the cause? [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The picture in my head of while reading this is hilarious. We need a video. I'm invisioning the most absurd run form that would cause your ribs to feel like you've been punched!

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: Post Marathon - pain around the obliques/ribs post run whats the cause? [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had something like that before after a 70.3 and after an IM. I assumed it was due to breathing harder than normal or during training for an extended period of time. Never crossed my mind that it might be form related.
Quote Reply
Re: Post Marathon - pain around the obliques/ribs post run whats the cause? [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yea that makes sense, I guess the contractions from breathing hard could have caused the soreness

mgreer wrote:
I've had something like that before after a 70.3 and after an IM. I assumed it was due to breathing harder than normal or during training for an extended period of time. Never crossed my mind that it might be form related.

AlyraD wrote:
The picture in my head of while reading this is hilarious. We need a video. I'm invisioning the most absurd run form that would cause your ribs to feel like you've been punched!

LOL
Last edited by: JTNY: Mar 26, 18 11:51
Quote Reply