Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13
Quote | Reply
These bikes are already showing up in shops even though Cannondale hasn't officially announced it yet. Looks like a beautiful bike too. I'm struggling to embed photos (is TinyPic dead???) so I'll link them below.

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/...=76073&mode=view
https://weightweenies.starbike.com/...=75923&mode=view

It seems there's both a rim brake and a disc brake model. Rumor is the disc brake version will clear 30mm tires comfortably. Just eyeing the frame, it appears that the rim brake version is direct mount. The downtube appears to have a bit of aero shaping. Seat tube seems to share the exact same seat post as the new Supersix Evo (so semi-aero IIRC). Leaked geometry indicates it will be very similar to the Evo 3 (appealing IMO).

Just taking a stab at it, but my guess is that the 105 rim brake version will be somewhere in the ~$1,300 range and a very appealing option at that. Fingers crossed for a reasonably priced frameset.
Quote Reply
Re: Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Noooooo, more of those god awful paint schemes! Please Cannondale, offer a colorway with nice big fat "cannondale" on the downtube where it belongs!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13 [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Came here to say this. Cool looking bike but their paint schemes are atrocious
Quote Reply
Re: Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13 [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the understated graphics. I don't really need giant logos all over the bike.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13 [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the paint jobs, the logo is a bit lacking. Its like they fired the design staff and some corporate big wig just typed 'cannondale' in Arial and called it a day (I'm sure they tried Times New Roman and Italics as well).

I think a lot of people like the old classic CAAD design and hopefully they keep a retro model (they won't) but the truth is CAAD was getting their teeth kicked in by the Allez Sprint. I don't think this is going to change that. Truthfully they should have modeled CAAD more after the System Six.
Quote Reply
Re: Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13 [furiousferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
furiousferret wrote:
I like the paint jobs, the logo is a bit lacking. Its like they fired the design staff and some corporate big wig just typed 'cannondale' in Arial and called it a day (I'm sure they tried Times New Roman and Italics as well).

I think a lot of people like the old classic CAAD design and hopefully they keep a retro model (they won't) but the truth is CAAD was getting their teeth kicked in by the Allez Sprint. I don't think this is going to change that. Truthfully they should have modeled CAAD more after the System Six.

It's a throwback logo to the '80's Cannondales. Same spot on the top tube and everything, IIRC.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Jul 11, 19 10:41
Quote Reply
Re: Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to see a Black Inc. Version of this sooooo badly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
Noooooo, more of those god awful paint schemes! Please Cannondale, offer a colorway with nice big fat "cannondale" on the downtube where it belongs!!!

I’m with you on the paint schemes but I’m divided on the logo. I have an FS-i with the big Cannondale logo on the DT which looks nice and I like but it’s also nice to have subtle branding as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So glad I got my CAAD10 when I did. 2012 model that (I think) looks amazing with its color.

I love the bike, but these hideous color jobs aren’t doing Cannondale any favors I alluring me to trade up.
Quote Reply
Re: Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13 [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, caad 12 purple is a beautiful bike
Quote Reply
Re: Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13 [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got one of the final year model Caad10 frames on closeout and I'm pretty happy I did. Its a killer frame with a killer paint scheme. But I agree with the last guy, the purple Caad12 was siiiiiiiick.

Robert Dao
ATC Racing - Austin, TX
Gold's Gym Triathlon Coach
@speedao1
@daotraining
Quote Reply
Re: Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13 [furiousferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Caad has always had round tubes and the made in USA years had beautifully finished welds. My Caad 9 silver was a killer crit and road race bike I wish I still had it. Cannondale need to be careful here this is an iconic model with a rep as best in class alloy ride and this latest model doesn’t excite me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw one in the flesh about a week ago and it looked pretty nice very much an alloy version of the new Supersix. The most interesting and unappealing thing to me was the allen head screws all over it so you can mount mudguards, brackets and the like.
Quote Reply
Re: Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13 [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s cool to here it looks good in person but a shame about the mounting points.
Quote Reply
Re: Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13 [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
I saw one in the flesh about a week ago and it looked pretty nice very much an alloy version of the new Supersix. The most interesting and unappealing thing to me was the allen head screws all over it so you can mount mudguards, brackets and the like.

I... did not expect that
Quote Reply
Re: Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13 [Gilliga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gilliga wrote:
Caad has always had round tubes and the made in USA years had beautifully finished welds. My Caad 9 silver was a killer crit and road race bike I wish I still had it. Cannondale need to be careful here this is an iconic model with a rep as best in class alloy ride and this latest model doesn’t excite me.

For every CAAD you see at a race, there are 3 Allez Sprints.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Teaser on Cannondales instagram, looks like the official announcement coming 7/15.
Quote Reply
Re: Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13 [pete459] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They’re for sale on Contender Bicycle’s website. A bit more expensive than I would have thought: 105 trim rim brake is ~$1,800.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't find it on the website but maybe i'm looking in the wrong place. I expected the 105 trim to be around $1,600--I think you can get a SuperSix 105 for around $1800 so I feel like that's a bit high. I mean, if I decide to upgrade from my CAAD10 i'll do what I always do and wait for the 20-30% year end sales anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13 [pete459] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the SuperSix 105 was retailing for $2,200, no?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I saw the SuperSix Evo 105 on the Cdale website for ~$1900
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pete459 wrote:
I think I saw the SuperSix Evo 105 on the Cdale website for ~$1900

That's the old model. They have the new models under a different tab/page ("All New SuperSix Evo") and the rim 105 model is $2200.

https://www.cannondale.com/en/USA/Products/ProductCategory.aspx?nid=58983467-4fe8-4631-98f8-febc1ef56986

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Jul 13, 19 15:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
furiousferret wrote:
Gilliga wrote:

For every CAAD you see at a race, there are 3 Allez Sprints.

Yep, this year it is the most popular bike in the big cat 1/2 crits by far. Great price, aggressive geometry, disc/rim options, and well made. I still mave my old CAAD10 from 2011 and it's a great bike but now lives on the trainer. I now race a Venge and also an Allez sprint as they handle identically.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But isn't that in line with the usual Cannondale-Specialized marketshare split in road? Feels like 2:1 or 3:1 is across the board, not just the alloy models.

Quote Reply
Re: Possibly the Worst Kept Bike Secret at the Moment: Cannondale Caad 13 [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well it's live on the site. And that Force Axs model sure is drool worthy.

https://www.cannondale.com/...p;parentid=undefined

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply

Prev Next