Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Position on my TT bike
Quote | Reply
Hi

I am fairly new to TT and Triathlon.

I have not had my position professionally fitted, but it does feel fairly comfortable.

What do you think of my position on the bike?

Quote Reply
Re: Position on my TT bike [gazoome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You seem to be sitting back a fair bit (may be due to the angle of the picture).
I'd rotate everything forward. And rotate bars up slightly.
Caveat: that's a static picture from a less than ideal angle to gauge position.
Talk to desert dude and excyclist (or whatever Heath Dotson's handle is) on this forum
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
'Your pelvis is angled as if you were sitting up on the bike. This is what appears to be creating the very rounded back. My guess is you seat isn't comfortable or correctly positioned.

Put the bike on the trainer and see if you can roll the hips forward more so your back is flatter. When doing this notice if this puts pressure on the soft tissue sort of behind your junk. If this is the case, then a new seat or seat adjustment are your first order of business. Most any decent shop will help you get a seat correctly positioned when you are purchasing.
Quote Reply
Re: Position on my TT bike [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Little tips like this is why i read all these do i fit post.
Quote Reply
Re: Position on my TT bike [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
And rotate bars up slightly...

Definitely. I don't think the forearms-down position is more aero for anyone (including Jan Ulrich, who used it for a while).

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Contact positions on the bars don't look great. It looks like you're arms should be shifted about 1-3cm forward so your elbows are in the elbow pads and and your hands are closer to the shifters. There are some people who prefer to ride with their forearms instead of elbows in the pads, but probably a good starting point is elbows in the elbow pads.

This could all be mostly a result of the hip/saddle stuff everyone else is talking about, so it may mostly correct itself as body rotation brings your torso forward.. But it is something to look at.
Last edited by: trail: Jun 10, 18 7:19
Quote Reply
Re: Position on my TT bike [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jens wrote:
Francois wrote:
And rotate bars up slightly...

Definitely. I don't think the forearms-down position is more aero for anyone (including Jan Ulrich, who used it for a while).

This,

Same with Alano and jalabert and a bunch of others.

He’s sitting on the saddle like (and looks like forcefully gripping the bars) that because otherwise he would fall off the front end.

Start with ski bends or bars angled up and you can likely fix the pelvic tilt etc.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go clockwise from (should be cleats, but) pedals.

Contact w/pedal stroke looks good…BUT

Seat is all the way fwd and you sit all the way off it. You’re fighting for relief and contact w/the pedals.

So, this closes your hips which arches your back. This closes your lungs off and stresses shoulders, arms, core, hip flexors, etc. I mean it’s a system after all.

Neck, shoulders, biceps, core muscles are gonna get cooked because they’re called elbow pads, not mid-forearm pads. Pads need to provide skeletal support.

Your actual angles are close to the range of right. But your body is in flexion to get you there. Take all the contact points and move them underneath you appropriately AFTER doing what grumpier.mike says
Quote Reply
Re: Position on my TT bike [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jens wrote:

Including this wanker who still hasn't figured out how to ride a bike.... ;)

But I agree that it is not a good first choice.

Quote Reply