Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Position of 1x rear derailleur - advice?
Quote | Reply
This is a 10-speed 1x setup (12-30). Just wanted some advice about the position of the rear derailleur in the outside cogs. Hopefully these pictures upload.

It drops when I'm going crazy on the gears back and forth (like when I'm adjusting the gears), trying to make the chain pop off. Usually disengages on the 12-tooth cog, and I'm wondering if I need to remove 1 link (1 outside and 1 inside link).

Please let me know...thanks.
Last edited by: MikenUltra: May 4, 19 17:50
Quote Reply
Re: Position of 1x rear derailleur - advice? [MikenUltra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The chain is already on the short side, I wouldn't remove any more links. Add one if anything.

I'd just take it through a full retuning if possible. Hanger alignment, limit screws and cable tension.

What chainring are you using? (I assume you mean it's jumping off the front ring)
Quote Reply
Re: Position of 1x rear derailleur - advice? [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s the wolftooth dropstop chainring (50-tooth). It used to fall off the front chainring before I put the chain catcher on there. But ever since I put it on there it doesn’t fall off on the front anymore, instead, it falls off the smallest rear cog.

It worries me because it happens frequently enough during fast, hard shifts, and I’m pretty sure everything is adjusted correctly.
Quote Reply
Re: Position of 1x rear derailleur - advice? [MikenUltra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tighten up your H limit screw, until it only just shifts into the smallest sprocket.
Quote Reply
Re: Position of 1x rear derailleur - advice? [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyK wrote:
Tighten up your H limit screw, until it only just shifts into the smallest sprocket.

This^

And while you are at it, make damn sure the derailleur limit is properly adjusted so it *just* goes on the large cog and no further.
Quote Reply