Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Position Critique
Quote | Reply
Obviously not here showing off my new ride (as it's not a P3C). I've just started riding in this position and plan to remove spacers as I become more accustomed to riding in this position. Is my seat too low? Could I actually be the first person told that my seat isn't too high?
Any input would be greatly appreciated. I apologize for the fat ass in the picture. I thought of hiring a model to replicate my position but didn't quite seem to work.
Thanks,
Jeff
http://i3.tinypic.com/vqo7zd.jpg
http://i3.tinypic.com/vqoaqa.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: Position Critique [wazafatass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sweet looking bike! I love that silver paint. Definitely a ride worth showing off!

Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't look too bad, but were you pedaling or coasting past your photographer? Being under load makes a difference.

Either your photog has impeccable timing, or you sort of faked this shot. It's pretty difficult to get a fair analysis without a trainer to ride hard on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice house.

Re: Position Critique [Alpern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was coasting. Don't have a trainer yet. How hard should I be pedaling? I can try to get an action pic but may be hard.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have access to either a digital video camera, or can your camera do a short video clip?

If so, it may be easiest to find a short loop (a block or so) and ride around it, with your photographer/videographer capturing you each time you go past. Do a few laps, see which comes out best (take photos and video) and post up the best one you've got.
Quote Reply
Re: Position Critique [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Nice house.[/reply]
Thanks, it's actually my office. We wanted employees to feel at home though and provided a really nice environment . People actually want to come to work and I think a part of this is due to the facilities.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd clean up that crap on the curb......looks bad.......bike and position look good.

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: Position Critique [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any other ideas? I am specifically wondering about seat height and the angle of the aero bars. I was fit in the shop then had the bike shipped to me. I put the bars on and was wondering if they look like they are verticle or if they should be adjusted.

Thanks,
Jeff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bars look like they are tilted down a little bit. Does it feel like they are? Maybe tilt them up a touch. Also can you move the arm rest back towards the saddle at all? It looks like you are kind of choking up on the extensions and your arms look kind of cramped.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Position Critique [carboner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mountain bike shoes/pedals?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way, you seem to be concerned about your seat being too low, I don't think it is. The leg looks a little flexed but I don't think you are at exactly 6 o'clock on your pedal stroke so I think it looks about right.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the lawn could use a weeding. Bike color is sweet.....
Quote Reply
Re: Position Critique [carboner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your shorts are too long. Jersey is too loose. Style, dude.

You also need more shrubbery.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Position Critique [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]The bars look like they are tilted down a little bit. Does it feel like they are? Maybe tilt them up a touch. Also can you move the arm rest back towards the saddle at all? It looks like you are kind of choking up on the extensions and your arms look kind of cramped.[/reply]

I was trying to avoid looking like the guy with his bars pointing at the sky. Sometimes I feel like I'm sliding a little but I thought that might be due to getting used to being in the aero position.
Quote Reply
Re: Position Critique [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Your shorts are too long. Jersey is too loose. Style, dude.

You also need more shrubbery.[/reply]

Cut me some slack. I'm about due for some new riding duds I know. All my stuff isn't fitting so well but I'm transitioning from a 375 lbs. body to hopefully 170 lbs. body. If I bought new riding gear for every 10 lbs. lost I'd be a poor bastard...well actually I am a poor bastard but still...
And regarding my shrubbery, I thought it was the cool thing on ST to be shaved....er ....were you talking about the landscaping?
Last edited by: wazafatass: Apr 18, 06 9:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you feel like you are sliding forward then definitely tild them up a little. You look better than most people so no worries, just get comfy.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the rear quick release is pointed straight up? No, no.

Congrats on the weight loss. Landscaping can help more with that.

Wrong type shoes, but they do color coordinate well.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Re: Position Critique [GT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Looks like the rear quick release is pointed straight up? No, no.

Congrats on the weight loss. Landscaping can help more with that.

Wrong type shoes, but they do color coordinate well.[/reply]

Thanks,
I know about the shoes. I have always used mtb pedals worried about my excess weight and road pedals. I am now just under 200 lbs. and am thinking of getting a new set of pedals/shoes. I've heard eggbeaters have a recommended limit of 185 lbs. Anyone know if this is true?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd second on considering tilting the aerobars up slightly. It might make it more comfortable for longer distances, since your elbows are slightly higher than your hands right now. I experiment with this a lot before settling on a particular position.

Don't move your seat down regardless of what people say here. It's a fast way to patellar tendonitis, and your left knee in that pic looks pretty tightly flexed. Just ride for a bit and make sure you aren't pointing your toes down...or rocking your hips from side to side as you pedal. Otherwise it's just the spacers that you can delete as you get accustomed to riding lower.

Mad
Quote Reply