Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Portable Shower Suggestions - Anyone?
Quote | Reply
Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a portable shower? This has come to mind a few times as of late from an efficiency standpoint with lunch runs.

I'm not thinking I need any bells and whistles (hot/cold water) but could be convinced to have greater usage when it gets chillier (midwest).

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Portable Shower Suggestions - Anyone? [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked into this briefly, but found that a far better solution for me as a dude, was to just go to work fresh and showered, run at lunch (tons of sweat - I'm still running during high summer heat), and then use a clean bath towel to thoroughly towel off as well as do a quick 'bird bath' for the head/neck in the bathroom. Then change into work clothes, apply deodorant. Baby powder can help keep things down under dry as well.

You'll pretty much be as clean as you'll get for work and good to go. And much less fuss than a portable shower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is probably not the answer you wanted, but when I was in the Peace Corps we had cold water showers at our training center. Which was fine for a quick rinse but not good for washing my fairly long hair.

For warm water, I’d fill a couple of two-liter soda bottles with water and put them outdoors on a piece of black plastic, and the sun would heat them up over a couple of hours. Worked great.

Like I say, probably not the answer for your lunchtime run.

The other thing that works fine is just stash a towel at work or in your car and douse half the towel with water and use it for a quick cleanup and the dry half of the towel to dry off.

It’s not a shower, aka a large amount of water to pour over your naked self, but if you can get past needing that, there are lots of ways to clean up and be presentable at work.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Nemo Helio Shower and I love it. I initally bought it for camping but use it mostly for this purpose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you going to use it? Parking lot? I have used the generic plastic type bag suspended above your head while backpacking. They work ok. Nothing fancy, just running water over you. I think the one I had was 5 gallons. Certainly enough to get the sweat off. I usually heated at least some of the water as it usually came from a cold stream when I was using it, but that probably won't be a problem for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out rinsekit.com - popular with surfers where I live.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://thewaterport.com/

I have one of these at it's great. Take it with me everywhere.

Peak NA Cocktails for Recovery
WAE Clothing
Youtube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.simple-shower.com/

It is just what it says. If you want warmer water, leave the bottles you plan to use in the sun. Buy a pop up shelter like the windshield sun visors and you have instant privacy. You can buy a powered system as well or just get submersible 12 volt pump and dump into a water container.

56-11...the only way to fly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on rinsekit. Use it to rinse MTB bike off after riding usually, but also comes with connector to fill with hot water. Simple.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: Portable Shower Suggestions - Anyone? [Quo Vadimus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another +1 for Rinsekit. There customer service is awesome if you happen to have any issues, but you probably won’t.
Quote Reply
Re: Portable Shower Suggestions - Anyone? [IntenseOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another for rinsekit. Bring it to all my drive to races.
Quote Reply
Re: Portable Shower Suggestions - Anyone? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the 2L bottle with water in it all the time. This time of year it will be plenty warm. I usually have one or two in my car for good measure. 1 would be good enough for a quick rinse after a run I think. I use it primarily after OWS to get all the gunk off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had the NEMO Shower for a couple of years now and it is awesome! i would highly recommend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I'm riding in the summer, I leave a gallon of water in the back of my car. Voila - instant shower!
Quote Reply
Re: Portable Shower Suggestions - Anyone? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
When I'm riding in the summer, I leave a gallon of water in the back of my car. Voila - instant shower!

^^This

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rinse kit. Get the bigger one (5 Gallon). Works well. Put in trunk, truck bed, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I once used dude wipes to clean off after a Sunday morning race and still get to church on time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check this out, may be a little more than what your looking for, but awesome nonetheless!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuAPGVx9vhs
We are planning out our ultimate race rig/basecamp, which will be a converted Sprinter van. This will be our shower option!
Quote Reply