Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Popular road saddles
Quote | Reply
What's the ISM PN3.0 equivalent for road saddles? I haven't been riding my road bike too much and so saddle comfort or rather discomfort hasn't been such a huge issue so far. I've used the Specialized Toupe which came with my bike but it kind of sucked (read numb junk) and the fore aft adjustability was minimal. So most likely similar saddles (with a dip) won't work for my junk.

So what's the go to road saddle that's a good starting point to find the right one for me?

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Popular road saddles [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speciallized power saddle for me.
Works like a charme. No sores as of yet

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Toupe is considered a pretty popular high end road racing saddle. I've never heard anyone say it "sucked" however it isn't for everyone either. They need to be broken in a little and you need to sit on it correctly.

The Power is a popular saddle but it is the complete opposite of the Toupe in just about every respect - wider, shorter, and softer.

In the middle is the Phenom. That is their middle of the road racing saddle and comes stock on the higher priced bikes now (replaced the Toupe).

I ran a Toupe for years and then recently shifted to the Phenom. My wife had problems with her "girly bits" going numb and uses the Power after a LBS recommendation - no problems since, so if that is your problem it is probably your best choice. I tied one and didn't like it, but then the Toupe fit me fine for years with no complaints. It just depends on the shape of that area of your body.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Popular road saddles [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I had the Toupe sport on my 2012/13 Allez Race (105) so maybe it's a lower tier version.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah you gotta just find the right one for you. I used to use the Fizik Gobi on all my bikes (mountain, CX and road), and then at some point they must have changed the design, because I can't use it at all anymore.

'm currently running a WTB Rocket (my favorite design before the Gobi, one of which i've owned since 2004) on every bike :)
Quote Reply
Re: Popular road saddles [Coffeeaddict87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coffeeaddict87 wrote:
Speciallized power saddle for me.
Works like a charme. No sores as of yet

Mark

Power saddle has been a life saver for me so well, narrow enough and comfortable for a all day riding!

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply