Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Poor warranty service from Synergy wetsuits
Quote | Reply
Just a heads up for people considering a Synergy wetsuit:

My wife bought one earlier this year. Fits well. She was happy with it for about five swims. Then a seam on the knee started to split.

So she e-mailed the company and asked about a warranty repair. “Sure,” they said. “Just pay to ship it to us, and include another $15 for us to ship it back.” She asked about them covering the cost. No dice.

Sorry, but in my book, if your product starts to fail after five uses, you should be profusely apologetic and offer to repair it or replace it for free. Free does not mean $30 in shipping costs. Free means free.

Sure, it might cost you as a company a little out of pocket. But think of it as an investment in your reputation. So that people are pleased that you stand by your product, and don’t try to get by on the cheap. Because when you do that, then you get feedback like this.

Synergy, take note. There’s a price to being cheap.
Quote Reply
Re: Poor warranty service from Synergy wetsuits [TriTater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree.

In the EU the Seller has to pay the return costs both ways if its a fault covered under warranty (ie at least if defective workmanship or defective materials).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been under the impression this is standard procedure. Seller repairs for free but buyer pays the shipping. Seems reasonable to me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i saw an suit for sale of a company that is very much hyped on here seam in arm split after 2nd use company advised owner to glue.

so in my books its not to bad what they are offering a they take warranty at least serious and dont ask you to repair it. so thats more of an buying recommondation for me.

iam not sure as i dont know to much about this company but i think they are good value in the first place. or would that be wrong ?
Quote Reply
Re: Poor warranty service from Synergy wetsuits [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The suit worked well, until the seam started splitting. But that seems like a HUGE qualifier.

I can understand why a company might ask someone to pay postage on a warranty. But failing after 5 uses? That seems like the kind of time when, even if your “policy” is to charge shipping, that you make an exception and cover the costs in order to keep the customer happy. A wetsuit shouldn’t start to come apart after five swims, period.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Obviously it's frustrating when something doesn't work as it should and you are out of pocket.

In the UK we'd call that a 'return to base' warranty and I'd guess it's the most common sort of warranty for a lot of products. The thing is most people buy on the bottom line. We shop around for pretty small differences in prices, often online, and the manufacturer has to make compromises to be competitive.

I get what you say about reputation and pride in their product but at the end of the day you didn't take their warranty into account when you bought it. Not a criticism, I think we all do it a lot. There are some manufacturers I am happy to pay a bit more for because of their policies but I think it's a big commitment and risk for those companies to get to that position.

I'd call that just normal service not poor but obviously not going above and beyond either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriTater wrote:
Just a heads up for people considering a Synergy wetsuit:

My wife bought one earlier this year. Fits well. She was happy with it for about five swims. Then a seam on the knee started to split.

So she e-mailed the company and asked about a warranty repair. “Sure,” they said. “Just pay to ship it to us, and include another $15 for us to ship it back.” She asked about them covering the cost. No dice.

Sorry, but in my book, if your product starts to fail after five uses, you should be profusely apologetic and offer to repair it or replace it for free. Free does not mean $30 in shipping costs. Free means free.

Sure, it might cost you as a company a little out of pocket. But think of it as an investment in your reputation. So that people are pleased that you stand by your product, and don’t try to get by on the cheap. Because when you do that, then you get feedback like this.

Synergy, take note. There’s a price to being cheap.

Same thing happened to me. I paid the paltry $15 bucks and they replaced the entry level Synergy wetsuit I bought with their top of the line wetsuit. I thought it was a mistake so I called them and they said the upgrade was on them. Enjoy.

I will trade $15 for $400 everyday. Thanks you Synergy
Quote Reply
Re: Poor warranty service from Synergy wetsuits [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its only $9 for a wetsuit patch kit... 5 uses could be user error / abuse
Quote Reply
Re: Poor warranty service from Synergy wetsuits [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to see how something splitting on a seam would be user error. If it had a gouge or tear, I can see that. She was treating it very carefully (on my advice).
Quote Reply