And if so how was your experience
Quote Reply
Re: Pool School by Tridot [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump for the Monday crowd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Improvements from a 2 day swim lesson session will just be placebo effect. That same amount of $ can go into 1-3 months of coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Pool School by Tridot [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh I didn’t realize that

It’s NOT a 12 week program?

With
2 days in person?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was my thoughts also..

Unless they bring in a hypnotist 1 weekend for the $ isn’t worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what I saw was dryland work, and then just 2 days in person coaching. Really in person or video analysis should be done once a week to monitor progress for needed corrections
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want to pay $600, I'd coach you for 2 months. We would do 2 video analysis a month and I'd write you as many swim workouts as you would need and at the end you'd be as fast as you've ever been and not just off a 1x100 time trial.

Tim

http://www.magnoliamasters.com
http://www.snappingtortuga.com
http://www.swimeasyspeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to TriDot Pool School Dallas! I did the dry land exercises for the weeks leading up to the weekend workshop. I started to develop muscle memory and found that my stroke improved before I even went to the weekend workshop. I've been to other coaching workshops, but never had 2-3 coaches per lane watching me and giving me immediate feedback every 25 yards. The coaches all worked as a team, so I had other coaches help give tips that weren't even assigned to my lane. Everyone dropped time off their 100 yard pace after 8 hours in the pool over the weekend with the average being 14%! I've continued to improve since being home because my lane instructors taught me what to work on and how to make the needed corrections. Definitely was a worthwhile experience.
Quote Reply
Re: Pool School by Tridot [SnappingT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear if you say TriD*t loud enough, three new accounts are made giving praises!

But $600 would go much further with having 1 on 1 coaching and video review over a few months. Too much drilling in a weekend and how much is retained long term?

Todd Suttor

Working Triathlete Elite Development Team
Professional Triathlete
Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Pool School by Tridot [toddsuttortri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yea who created these fake spam bot acocunts... 3 in a row first time posters giving praise. you think we wouldnt catch you! This is ST!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
yea who created these fake spam bot acocunts... 3 in a row first time posters giving praise. you think we wouldnt catch you! This is ST!!

I *may* have googled Jenna Gorham. It looks like she's a tridot ambassador and a marketing coordinator for tridot. So maybe 1/4 of a rung above spambot?
Quote Reply
Re: Pool School by Tridot [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
synthetic wrote:

I *may* have googled Jenna Gorham. It looks like she's a tridot ambassador and a marketing coordinator for tridot. So maybe 1/4 of a rung above spambot?

^^^AWESOME! comical that they thought that wouldn't be found out on ST. Good job all....

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
synthetic wrote:

That's hilarious. Even more so that it didn't occur to her that it might be a better idea not to use her real name.
Quote Reply
Re: Pool School by Tridot [JennaGorham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to you, generally, especially holding a role with TriDot:

FTC disclosure rules for social media *require* you to denote that you have a relationship with that business.

I'm deleting the other two posts. Keeping yours. But please at least add to your signature your relationship to TriDot.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may have also looked up this Jenna and checked some of her race results. Wouldn't you know it, she did a race at the end of last month and posted one of her slowest swim times. So much for that swim school that she also happens to be a coach at for Tridot... SMH.
The real doozy here is she didn't finish her race, rolled her ankle 5 miles before the finish line, but still had someone go back and collect a finisher medal and hat so she could post with them online. You can't even make this stuff up. I'm honestly surprised TriDot is fine with this from a representative of their company, but at least she is drinking the Kool-aid and spitting it out here on the slow twitch forums.
Quote Reply
Re: Pool School by Tridot [BasicTriResults] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geezus!

Good research ST!
Any props to the real swim coaches worth their weight in gold.

PS Who are the quality online coaches out there? Video analysis with feedback etc?
Quote Reply
Re: Pool School by Tridot [BasicTriResults] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread has a bunch of really interesting 1st posts.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply