Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polarized training
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone !
I wanted give more structure to my training this season. I did a good base building on the trainer with a british cycling training plan (lot of sweetspot).

The problem is that I ended up burnt. Some weeks it was really hard to keep going with one long ride (nordic skiing in winter) and 2 sweetspot or threshold sessions+swim/run.

I feel stronger on the bike, but I think I'm slower running and, most important, I feel exhausted and I cannot maintain average power/pace, running and cycling.

So, I conclude that 2 sweetspot a Week+swim intervals, +run training (mostly slowly because I cannot do fast stuff..), is a lot for me.

I read a lot about polarized training, and I think maybe it's the solution.

Anyone have an opinion about this kind of training for a 70.3 in september ? (olympic distances during summer).

Base phase, with 12h/Week, 1 intense session/Week/sport (about 20' of high intensity, a litlle bit above threshold 90% max HR or 10km pace). With 20' of intense stuff, I will do 10% of high intensity per Week, 90% easy.

Build phase for the last 8 to 10 weeks (Always 10-15h/wk)w, with 80% (around 10h) easy stuff, and about 2h with specific HIM intervals (around sweetspot, in the Z2 polarized).

Typical Week will be 2-3 swim, , 3-4 bike (1 long ride 3h+), 3-4 run (1long run 1h30).

Thank you !!
Ivan
Quote Reply