Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar RS800cx in race functionality
Quote | Reply
So I just purchased an RS800cx with W.I.N.D speed & cadence sensors as well as G3 Gps. Kansas 70.3 will be my first at that distance and my first race with this watch. With a little less than two weeks to go, I have limited time and limited workouts to learn the menus, though I am making headway. Can anyone suggest how I ought to use this in race? I.E. siimply lap at each transition? Will the watch wuto detect the WIND sensors on the bike? Any issue swearing the HR in the water? I don't expect the readings during Swim of course, but simply want the chrono time out of the water. Mainly I am racing on HR data alone, but would like the pacing in run, too. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RS800cx in race functionality [yetihammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear mine in the water, I get no readings but turn it on to time the swim. I hit the red button when I go over t1 mat and again when I exit going over t1 mat. At this point I have swim time and t1 time. On bike you will get HR reading ( you should have for t1 also.) get off bike hit red button when I go in t2 and over mat then again when exiting t2. My shoes have the foot pod on so part of the t2 will register distance from bike rack to exit of t2. I run the run portion and hit the left lower side button repeatedly of watch to end workout. Hope that helps.

Last edited by: bmanners: May 31, 11 8:56
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RS800cx in race functionality [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I was hoping it was this simple, I know I can combine workouts later in PPT5 - I just wanted to avoid stop workout, start workout, find sensors while on the fly. So it sounds as though the unit will automatically transition sensors when they are in or then out of range?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RS800cx in race functionality [yetihammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea it will.

Re: Polar RS800cx in race functionality [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmanners, got a question for you. I just got my rs800cx today, no foot pod just cycling sensors. when I start an exercise it keeps looking for the cycling sensors and I can't seem to stop it from beeping telling me no sensors in range while I'm running. How do I switch modes away from cycling?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RS800cx in race functionality [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
never mind, I'm an idiot. just figured it out. it's exactly the same as my old 725X, go figure.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They make it pretty user friendly. One of the a reasons I like polar. Seems a lot of their products build off the old ones. Like a comfy old shoe sort of.

Quote | Reply
Hi Mck414
thanks for supporting Polar . Here are some tricks with the RS800CX. When you exit the swim and mount the bike and press the red button as Bmanners described for splits and find you do not have a HR reading when you mount the bike, HOLD the top left button(the light), you will get a QUICK MENU, the watch is still recording :) you will find a prompt for SEEK SENSOR. The watch will attempt to resync with HR and in BIKE mode, will look for your Bike Speed Sensor. So essentilly you could race in BIKE mode all day, since you stated you bought cycling sensors. Tthe watch will give up looking for the Bike sensors on the run. Later this year you could consider the new G5 GPS which comes with the RCX5 and race with GPS. In the QUICK MENU, you can change speed view, so MPH for bike and min/mile for run. The G3 will work but this G5 is very small and will fit in any pocket in you race gear. On a side not, start taking the OWNOPTIMIZER test in TEST mode in the mornings, it will give you index numbers and see if your recovered, of feeling the affects of a training day, etc. Polar wants to get you there on race day ready to rock!
thanks Bmanners for filling in with the answers
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RS800cx in race functionality [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the new G5 sensor will work with the rs800cx. . .
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RS800cx in race functionality [HomerJSimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Works with my RS800cx :) I ran my local 10 miler with two watches, RS800cx and RCX5. Did a liitle field testing, fun to play with our watches/product prior to launch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the gouge Wayne, my next race is July 10 so I have some time to play around. I was very happy to see the CS wind sensors (speed) works from the chain stay. I could never get my old s-series to work from that far back.

The cadence sensor doesn't work unfortunately, will have to contact warranty support.

One question, how long will the watch look for sensors before it gives up?

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the gouge Wayne, my next race is July 10 so I have some time to play around. I was very happy to see the CS wind sensors (speed) works from the chain stay. I could never get my old s-series to work from that far back.

You could boost the signal on old S series sensors but transmitter from the rear was pushing the limits

The cadence sensor doesn't work unfortunately, will have to contact warranty support.
Make sure Cadence feature is turned on and you have the correct bike 1 or bike 2 set up. Try at least one more time. It is a WIND Cad Sensor??

I am sure their is a techy answer in our manual, I would say 1 minute or so??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you guys fine with ProTrainer5 software?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally I like the protrainer 5 software, but would like to see some of the changes to it that have been previously discussed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[url mailto:Wayne@PolarUSA]Make wrote:
Wayne@PolarUSA]Make[/url] sure Cadence feature is turned on and you have the correct bike 1 or bike 2 set up. Try at least one more time. It is a WIND Cad Sensor??

I am sure their is a techy answer in our manual, I would say 1 minute or so??

Yes, WIND cadence sensor. The watch will look for approximately 10 seconds before it says "sensor cannot be found".

I've tried at least 20 times between yesterday and this morning. There is no red flashing light when the magent passes by either. Pretty sure the sensor is dead and have submitted a warranty repair request.

As a side note, the WIND speed sensor sync'd up in about half a second.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wayne@PolarUSA wrote:
Are you guys fine with ProTrainer5 software?

I like it, though downloading with the new rs800cx is a pain. I actually have to hold the irDA stick directly on top of the watch ir port to get them to communicate.

I haven't used a good number of the software features but am starting to build workout plans to upload.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MCK414 call me at Polar USA, I'll give you a one on one clinic. We can work on interval programming, REPORTS(my favorite) and maybe some IRDA tricks. I am here for anyone who ever has a question. Our Customer Care department has a really short hold time, Polar and especially Chris@Polar work at that. WWW.PolarUSA.com will have our contact info :)
Quote Reply