Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Polar RCX5 ..DC Rainmaker reviewed it, it is official
Quote | Reply
Thanks again to Chris@Polar for posting a video! April 1st announcement has come early.

http://www.facebook.com/PolarUSA
Last edited by: Wayne@PolarUSA: Jun 2, 11 7:33
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! [wvarta.PolarRep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read more about it at runtotri.blogspot.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! [wvarta.PolarRep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The BIG question (at least for me) is, Can you set each line of the display.

When I run, I want time/pace/avg-pace. I can't get that on my RS800. If I could set each line to what I want, I'd gladly trade in my garmin for a polar... I love the RS800 as a watch, and in the gym on the treadmill, it's great. But not being able to tweak the display kills it for me outside.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
The BIG question (at least for me) is, Can you set each line of the display.

When I run, I want time/pace/avg-pace. I can't get that on my RS800. If I could set each line to what I want, I'd gladly trade in my garmin for a polar... I love the RS800 as a watch, and in the gym on the treadmill, it's great. But not being able to tweak the display kills it for me outside.

Wow, I thought you use a 310XT. I think you can do that on a 310XT.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! [ToKnowMore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He mentions that he'd trade in his Garmin if the Polars display could be tweaked.

You can tweak the display on the Garmin, but not the RS800, which is what hes saying.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping Chris will jump on soon.
Here are my questions:
Will it work with PPT5 desktop software so data can be downloaded to a PC (then uploaded to trainingpeaks.com)?
Will it use R-R (like the RS800CX)?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
He mentions that he'd trade in his Garmin if the Polars display could be tweaked.

You can tweak the display on the Garmin, but not the RS800, which is what hes saying.

Apparently, you can tweak the display. Who knew. Not me, apparently.

Push red button.
Scroll to settings.
Push button
Scroll to display
Tweak each display as you wish.

Excellent. I'm an idiot...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha. Well I wouldn't go that far. I also feel like I had heard before that you couldn't. Interesting.

I still don't like additional pods!

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
Haha. Well I wouldn't go that far. I also feel like I had heard before that you couldn't. Interesting.

I still don't like additional pods!

I don't like additional pods too.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! [ToKnowMore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Jordan - the displays are customizable, in the RS800cx and RCX5 =)

It's actually easier just to link em' up with the software and customize everything there. Speaking of the display, I'm really happy with mine right now, I know I *have* to say I'm happy with it, but I truly am. 4 big lines, I'm not sure if you guys have seen the Polar CS500 but this is very similar.

I'll be posting some detailed shots and more info on facebook.com/polarusa really soon
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! [Chris@Polar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I'm also curious if it will have upgradeable firmware.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! [Chris@Polar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris@Polar wrote:
@Jordan - the displays are customizable, in the RS800cx and RCX5 =)

It's actually easier just to link em' up with the software and customize everything there. Speaking of the display, I'm really happy with mine right now, I know I *have* to say I'm happy with it, but I truly am. 4 big lines, I'm not sure if you guys have seen the Polar CS500 but this is very similar.

I'll be posting some detailed shots and more info on facebook.com/polarusa really soon

There are limits to which items can be put on what line in the RS800CX. I think the question is can you put whatever you want on whatever line you want on the RCX5.

How about upgradable firmware?

Does it accept a microSD card? (if not, how much memory does it have?)

In particular does it have enough memory such that I can take it on vacation with me, record runs/bike rides for a week or 2 at 1s recording intervals and download it when I get home?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
wsrobert wrote:

Apparently, you can tweak the display. Who knew. Not me, apparently.

Push red button.
Scroll to settings.
Push button
Scroll to display
Tweak each display as you wish.

Excellent. I'm an idiot...

You can also do it through PPT5 software as well and send the settings across. There are however, limitations on what data elements can go on what lines. So customizable yes, but you still might not be able to get the 3 pieces of data you want on the screen at the same time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will it work on a Mac?

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All that Princeton edgamication gone to waste ;0)

Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it can work on a Mac . I cannot wait to get my hands on one this is HUGE !!! When will they be out and is there a package deal with the polar pedals???
PAcketloss this is going to makemyou a believer , keep a open mind andndont be so quick to judge. I am sure you will like it. Plus it looks snazzy too. You can wear it all day without looking like you are under some sort of electronic house arrest.

Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmanners wrote:
I think it can work on a Mac . I cannot wait to get my hands on one this is HUGE !!! When will they be out and is there a package deal with the polar pedals???
PAcketloss this is going to makemyou a believer , keep a open mind andndont be so quick to judge. I am sure you will like it. Plus it looks snazzy too. You can wear it all day without looking like you are under some sort of electronic house arrest.

I already have a Quarq and Garmin 705 and I'm not sure if this will be enough of an upgrade of my RX800CX though. If it were ANT+, had a microSD slot, fully customizable display (any data that you want on any line) then I would probably do it.
Last edited by: packetloss: Mar 21, 11 19:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got some information on the features. Definitely some nice enhancements over the RS800CX.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Jordan, a deal is a deal.

When I run, I want time/pace/avg-pace. I can't get that on my RS800. If I could set each line to what I want, I'd gladly trade in my garmin for a polar...

I am sure when Chris@Polar has time, images will be posted as well as features on the Polar RCX5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Posted another picture: http://on.fb.me/gH2k0w
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beauty is only skin deep. What does it do!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! [tricut1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marketing 101. Dribble out the info to build the interest and excitement. .............................wake me up when there's some real info here.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! PHOTOS POSTED [wvarta.PolarRep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it record under water? If so my 725x might have a new brother.

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! PHOTOS POSTED [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:

Bob

I have heard that, like the RS400, it will record under water. This is because of the new dual belt.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! PHOTOS POSTED [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

+1

I dont' know why no one else cares about HR during the swim.

Quote Reply

Prev Next