Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Podium kissing...what's correct?
Quote | Reply
I noticed the other night while watching TDF coverage that LA gave the "mademoiselles de podium" a three-peck kiss and the other jersey winners only proffered a two-peck kiss. My wife's family is Swiss and perform the three-peck kiss and I recall that the French do the two-peck kiss. I have limited experience with greetings of the world and would love to hear why Lance chooses the three-peck kiss over the two.
Quote Reply
Re: Podium kissing...what's correct? [haystack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I recall that the French do the two-peck kiss". Actually, depending where in France, it can be anything from 1 to 4-peck kiss.

I am wondering why Lance choose the 3-peck over the four!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
see that is one thing america is missing out on. in turkey all my friends would do a one peck. being i'm a huggy kissy guy i thought it was cool. i ain't starting it here in the states though.

best podiums to kiss on? tour of spain. shazaam!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a very good thing that my budding cycling career was derailed and I did not become a yellow jersey winner. Those women are HOT!!!! I would give them one big snog instead of a peck on the cheek, for certain. I would stay in yellow the entire tour, and possibly try and win every stage!!!!!

However, I wonder how many pro cyclists had garnishments of their wages for children produced with podium girls?
Quote Reply
How many kisses? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The correct answer is: "whatever works."

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Re: Podium kissing...what's correct? [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It is a very good thing that my budding cycling career was derailed and I did not become a yellow jersey winner. Those women are HOT!!!! I would give them one big snog instead of a peck on the cheek, for certain. I would stay in yellow the entire tour, and possibly try and win every stage!!!!!

However, I wonder how many pro cyclists had garnishments of their wages for children produced with podium girls?
somewhere there has to be videotape of a cyclist slipping a podium girl the tongue (podium girl being the rider's wife/girlfriend doesn't count.) My guess is that'd it be a sprinter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found this from the cyclingnews.com website...

What's the protocol for kissing the podium girls? Sometimes it's left cheek, right cheek... other times, left, right, left... or maybe it's right, left, right. Anyway, what gives?

Generally speaking, the custom for kissing an "acquaintance" in France is on the cheek, three times, starting with the left cheek. In Italy, it's twice, also starting with the left cheek. So in the Giro d'Italia you'll see that most of the Italians will kiss the podium girls twice, and in the Tour de France, most of the French riders will kiss the podium girls three times. But if you win, whatever you do, no kissing on the lips, and definitely no tongue!

Paul

Paul..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever you do, if you are a podium girl you have to confine it to the podium. One of the girls from Le Tour got booted for backstage activity with a (non-podium) rider reportedly.
Quote Reply