Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Podcast recommendations?
Quote | Reply
Anybody got solid podcast recommendations, preferably in the triathlon realm, but generally endurance sports related is cool too. Right now I go through some of Rich Roll's, The Physical Performance Show, I'll Have Another, The Physical Performance show, The Morning Shakeout and Triathlon Taren
Quote Reply
Re: Podcast recommendations? [Bosox99104] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tower 26 "Be Race Ready" Triathlon Swimming
Trainerroad "Ask a Cycling Coach"
The Triathlon Preview Show
Purple Patch (when I can stand it - he just comes off as super smug, but there is good info)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trainerroad, tower26, velonews, cyclingtimetrial,
Quote Reply
Re: Podcast recommendations? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beat me to it.
PurplePatch is good, but it is really difficult to listen to. The delivery reminds me of a childrens show. That word of the week jingle just drives me nuts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The old trs radio are fun, macca x, Lance is entertaining on his "the forward" show, the radiolab podcast called "limits of the human body" with Wendy Ingram and Julie moss is classic...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find the Tailwind Coaching Podcast to have a good amount of info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To add on - does anyone feel like there isn't that much content out there? Forgot about Purple Patch and Tower 26... they're useful but also have my issues with them
Last edited by: Bosox99104: Aug 22, 18 8:31
Quote Reply
Re: Podcast recommendations? [TriSolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriSolo wrote:
beat me to it.
PurplePatch is good, but it is really difficult to listen to. The delivery reminds me of a childrens show. That word of the week jingle just drives me nuts.

right!!?!?! we (meaning he) likes the way he thinks!!! lolololol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know who came up with that segment or that jingle but holy shit I hit the advance button through it everytime
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bosox99104 wrote:
To add on - does anyone feel like there isn't that much content out there?

I agree, hence listening to purple patch even though it annoys me. Hell I only have a 20-30 min commute and I can't find enough content to keep me from having to listen to music. I'm subscribing to every recommendation in this thread just to check them out.
Last edited by: Sean H: Aug 22, 18 8:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im Talk and Oxygen Addict are about the only two Tri Podcasts that I know of.

Im Talk have the best hosts and banter and gossip/anaylasis but there guests interviews leave a lot to be desired.

Oxygen addict have the best guests but are bad at everything else.

TRS got binned because the host lost interest with Triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of others, That Triathlon Show, Crushing Iron and FasCat Cycling Tips Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bosox99104 wrote:
Anybody got solid podcast recommendations, preferably in the triathlon realm, but generally endurance sports related is cool too. Right now I go through some of Rich Roll's, The Physical Performance Show, I'll Have Another, The Physical Performance show, The Morning Shakeout and Triathlon Taren

Get ready for a shameless plug - I launched a new show fairly recently, called the Minimal Multisport Athlete Podcast. Episodes can be found in iTunes, or on my website (I know the site needs a lot of work): https://www.minimalmultisport.com/blog/

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my show is also on Spotify. I just applied to Stitcher, per the advice of someone here. My understanding is that a lot of the other podcast apps pull RSS feeds from iTunes... so hopefully if you use another app, you can find my show. I'd appreciate it if you message me if you use another app and can't find me. As a 1-man-operation, the learning curve has definitely been very steep on all of this, plus equipment, audio engineering, graphics, various social promotions, show notes, tags, coding...!

Here's the gist: I'm a long-time athlete (former crappy pro triathlete), industry vet (Tech Editor here and formerly for LAVA, worked for several industry manufacturers). I personally have a big passion for sports, but get frustrated when too many distractions get in the way. I enjoy reporting on new technology here, but in my personal life I'm always fighting for more time to do what I want (i.e. actually ride my bike rather than fix it, clean it, charge batteries, update firmware, etc). Or spend that time doing something more meaningful and rewarding, such as volunteer or charity work.

The show isn't about selling everything you own - it's about finding strategies for simplifying and making the right purchases. There is a lot of content out there for the tech folks that love learning all aspects of equipment (i.e. DC Rainmaker). That's cool. My show is on the opposite end of the spectrum, because that's what's fun for me, and there's a lack of this message.

Every episode isn't just about that - I'm also trying to interview interesting industry folks, or people who have at least some type of related expertise (for example, I'm having an organizing expert on soon... for all of us with a disastrous garage). If you had to pick one episode to start, I'd suggest #3 with AJ Johnson - his story about doing Kona in honor of his friend that passed away is inspiring as hell, and a serious tear-jerker. Great dude.

I'm working on getting a Patreon set up, so I can hopefully at least break even on the show. Right now I'm WAY in the red, but I enjoy it and will continue. I do have an Amazon affiliate banner on my home page (I get a small commission from anything you add to cart after clicking it) - I'd REALLY appreciate it if any of you use this link.
Last edited by: gregk: Aug 23, 18 7:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Brick Session

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Podcast recommendations? [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll self promote our SuperFly podcast.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/superfly-coaching-podcast/id274671958?mt=2&i=1000418238211

Superfly Coaching
http://www.superflycoaching.com/eric

IL PIRATA VI GUARDA
Quote Reply
Re: Podcast recommendations? [TriSolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriSolo wrote:
A couple of others, That Triathlon Show, Crushing Iron and FasCat Cycling Tips Coaching

I've also gotten into the FasCat Cycling Tips podcast. Also Drunk Athlete is sometimes good although pretty Texas centric so it helps to know who people are around here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of The Fat Black by Trispecific: http://www.trispecific.com/category/podcast/

Mostly triathlon with some ultra running. Lots of great guests.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto. I hate the "Dixonary" and that stupid damn song
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to see Ask A Cycling Coach Podcast mentioned. Definitely check it out. My favorite (seconded by TheMTBPodcast, also by Johnathan Lee). Great banter -- lots of tidbits.

The Kona Edge is something I try but don't always get a lot out of it.

That Triathlon Show -- but can get annoyed by him.

Tower26 is great.

The GU pinnacle. Done by Fatty
Quote Reply
Re: Podcast recommendations? [prefersdirt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://besenwagen.podigee.io

...great if you can understand German.
Set up by two ex protour riders Andreas Stauff (Quickstep) and Paul Voss.Good mix of guests so far...
Active protour riders -RIck Zabel Nils Politt
Rider Managers
Active female professionals
Everyone leaves an Instagram tip ,a slow (recovery) song tip and a fast (interval) song tip at the end of the interview....the playlist is growing nicely for Turbotraining season.
And hey what a great way to learn "Deutsch als fremdsprache".
Quote Reply
Re: Podcast recommendations? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to listen to that one but man that guy on it is such a tool, does he have to swear all the time?
Quote Reply
Re: Podcast recommendations? [TriByran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark is totally my kind of guy, former British Army NCO and British Army triathlete. Cussing really doesn't faze me.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it have to be triathlon related?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Legends of Triathlon is a good way to hear from former big name athletes, and other notable figures. Slowman is on an episode. I wish the guys updated more regularly.

Bob Babbitt’s show is a good way to hear from current pros, although it’s not very technical or provocative.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coffee, Beer, Coaching and Dogs is a podcast I started in 2016 about the things I have learned, influences and ideas that have impacted my philosophy as I've coached triathletes and the fundamental change that is coming in coaching endurance sports.

http://www.magnoliamasters.com
http://www.snappingtortuga.com
http://www.swimeasyspeed.com
Last edited by: SnappingT: Aug 22, 18 15:30
Quote Reply

Prev Next