Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Please share your Dave Orlowski memories
Quote | Reply
He gave me a big hug when we finally met in real life, a hug that I remembered for a long time

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...e_Orlowski_7846.html
Quote Reply
Re: Please share your Dave Orlowski memories [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave and I were friends for many years!! Yes, his great big bear hugs were awesome. Dave was right by my side when I was presented the Ironman Everyday Hero Award in 2009 - not as a representative or any formal capacity, just as a friend. He and my son Riley were best buds. Riley cried yesterday. I sure wish I had taken more photos . . . I guess you just don't think about that with those close. Maybe I need more photos with you Herbert.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe you "old timers" can one day give us a blow by blow of the 1st Hawaii and a recap of the 12 who did it. A "where are they at / what they did" one day.

(maybe this has already been addressed somewhere and there's a history of the people who did it.......I just personally either suck at using the search button or seems to bring up every post that is hard to decipher through)

It would seem kinda cool to get a recap of what everyone did in their athletic journey post that 1st Hawaii IM.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I met Dave at IM Lake Placid in 2015. He gave an impromptu talk to several of us athletes the night before race day. Just as you describe Herbert. Very humble, shared his stories and loved the sport. He was so generous with his time. Talked about how he wanted to race but was dealing with cancer. Was there to cheer for a friend. The sport has lost a great ambassador and a wonderful soul.
Tim Shea

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: https://swimbikerunrinserepeat.wordpress.com
Last edited by: IL2tri: Dec 17, 20 7:16
Quote Reply
Re: Please share your Dave Orlowski memories [IL2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had interviewed him before me met. And then connected often at various events.
Quote Reply