Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Please help catalog all the things wrong with my swim form
Quote | Reply
Video posted here:

Quote Reply
Re: Please help catalog all the things wrong with my swim form [fumanchu282] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The biggest things that stand out to me are:

• Bending my knee too much in my kick. Weird, I feel like I'm barely kicking, but it looks pretty pronounced on video. I think banded ankles would help here probably
  • Fingertips tipped up especially with my left arm
  • This really weird thing I'm doing where my forearm goes to horizontal on my pull. I don't even know what to call this or how to search for drills and tips to fix this...?
  • Sinking legs, but not as bad as it could be

Feels like if I could correct these things I'd be 80% of the way there maybe
Quote Reply
Re: Please help catalog all the things wrong with my swim form [fumanchu282] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couple of things with your pull. You are starting it too late, meaning your hand starts pushing down on the water initially before you manage to get you elbow up enough to start your catch. You want to keep your elbow high and get your fingertips pointing down first and then pull. You are also using a bit of an "s" pull, try and just go straight back and don't let your hand crossover the centerline of your body. For starters. :)

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For starters, change so that your fingertips are below your wrist, and wrist is below the elbow. You elbow is very low underwater.
Quote Reply