Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Please help a techno dinosaur
Quote | Reply
I finally entered 21st century and few months ago got a smart phone. For the past years I simply didn't need it etc. So now when I have one may as well use it. I am also not in tune with the advances in technology in bike computers, exercise tracking etc. To get to the point, is there some app that I can download, preferably a free one, that can show my speed, distance, route etc. I don't care much to share, upload, connect set PRs for here or there, etc. Can I just install the phone on the steering bars and use it to show the riding info? I am looking for something basic, simple to use.
Many thanks
Last edited by: softrun: Jun 14, 20 16:22
Quote Reply
Re: Please help a techno dinosaur [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming your phone has GPS, you can download the Strava app and use that to record your rides. That is the easiest and free app I know of. I’m sure others will chime in as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Please help a techno dinosaur [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of the various apps, I've found Wahoo's to be the easiest to use. You can upload/share your workouts to Strava, etc.; but you don't have to.

Wahoo has multiple apps (some that compliment their Bolt head units). The one you want has this icon:

https://www.wahoofitness.com/fitness-apps

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply