Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Please god let spring come sooooon!!
Quote | Reply
Cause you all need to get out and train! You're doing too much thinking. ;-)

Speaking of training....I'm off to swim. Outdoors.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Please god let spring come sooooon!! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday was beautiful in the south bay. Have a good swim.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am stuck indoors with sub-freezing weather and I don't feel like doing anything. Another day of watching the tele in front of the trainer and I am going to expolde!!!!!
Quote Reply
Finally something we can all agree on....... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can't we? ;-)

Thanks, Cathy!

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply
Re: Please god let spring come sooooon!! [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday was also beautiful in Woodstock, NY. Six degrees, I xc skied for three and a half hours. Ran 10 miles today in a heat wave; 16 degrees. Now I'm back on Long Island and heading for the best public pool in the country, Nassau County Aquatic Center (indoors) but man am I tired, I haven't skied in years.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Feb 1, 04 15:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am right there with you. We're starting to fight amongst ourselves.

I rode 64 miles in the basement yesterday and ran 13 miles on the treadmill today. On the one hand, base training is going exceedingly well. On the other hand, I think I'm insane.

"I'm off to swim. Outdoors."

Go ahead, rub my nose in it.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Finally something we can all agree on....... [gleveq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An ever-so-faint chorus of Kumbaya?
Quote Reply
Re: Please god let spring come sooooon!! [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How 'bout it?

This indoor riding on a trainer sucks. I'm way too hyperactive for that.

Monday I'm s'possed to do a 2:30 ride on the trainer .... yeah, right ... maybe for the week. Outside a 2:30 ride would be an awesome get away into the Illinois countryside where people still work the land, and kids still play with their dogs outside, and people still ride horses for entertainment, and families still picnic together for work breaks in the field, and they all wave as I ride by, and I wave back b/c we both respect dedication and hard work *sniffle*

Sorry, where was I going with this ... oh yeah ... Indoor riding stinks. I'm going to try and find a way to play madden and ride at the same time. I'm joking ... well, maybe I'm joking. I'll see if it's possible before I decide if I'm joking or not ;)

I can't wait to move to the SWest.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Please god let spring come sooooon!! [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
64 miles in the basement???? You really are insane!! LOL. You are better than I.

http://www.imf2006.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Please god let spring come sooooon!! [awbjr9871] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah ... what's worse is he doesn't even own a trainer. He just rode around in small circles for 64 miles. Now, that's hardcore!

=======================
Quote Reply
Re: Please god let spring come sooooon!! [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triple Threat........I literally laughed out loud at your reply. I just have this image of someone on a bike (helmet and everything.....even in aero position) riding around in a circle with a radius of three feet.............FOR 64 MILES!!!! What a riot!!!!!!

http://www.imf2006.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AMEN!

But damn it sure was gorgeous here in the SF Bay Area yesterday, wasn't it? I rode the three bears at sunrise and it was really beautiful. Thank God I live here cause I don't have 64 indoor miles in me (nor 13 on a treadmill for that matter). I guess that makes you guys hardcore triathletes who have earned the right to have really expensive gear and not be called poseurs (or do you just have to be fast for that? I forgot the rules)...oh never mind, I'm going out for my long run (in my super cool new N2S layer).

Leigh
Last edited by: Cyborg42: Feb 1, 04 13:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, it has gotten a lot more bearable since I got the Computrainer. It is a much more realistic ride than the spinning bike was, especially since you actually ride your bike, shift, and the difficulty varies.

I also broke down and now watch videos on the treadmill. I prefer to focus on running, but the 1:15-2:00 Sunday runs broke my will. I can't stare at the paneled walls that long without hallucinating.

If I could read the Wall Street Juournal while riding the spinning bike, I think that you can play video games while on the trainer.

BTW, I laughed out loud too. very smll circles indeed. On my wife's Electra.

------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by: jmorrissey: Feb 1, 04 13:53
Quote Reply
Re: Please god let spring come sooooon!! [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watertown NY was a litle colder :-) But I did enjoy the heatwave 8F today on my 12 mile long run .
Dirtball
The days are getting longer are you ready?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Cathy...just got back from the City after doing the San Francisco Half Marathon this morning. It was high 40's and rain. Wore shorts and short sleaved shirt and froze my cajones off! Seemed aweful cold for SF!! Seems like you cold have arranged better weather.

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The one thing that gets me through the winter is cross country skiing. Instead of the long run I go cross country skiing during the weekend. I am lucky enough to have the Allegan national forest close to home (Michigan). Biking is another story. My trainer is set up in the garage at a comfortable 30 degrees where I can gauge the quality of my workout by if I generate enough heat to make the ice chunk fall off the door of my car.
Quote Reply
Re: Please god let spring come sooooon!! [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Norm, buddy. Thanks for the tip. How to make trainer time go fster ... watch ice melt. mmmmmmkay.

Note to Self: Never ask Norm to be the entertainment for any parties.

Top 3 ways to pass the time on the trainer:

3. Watch the paint on the wall fade.

2. Count backwards from 1,000,000,000 to 1

1. Watch the ice melt

-------------------------------------

Y'know I'm just kiddin' Norm. The bad thing about where I live is that we don't get enough snow to really get into "snow sports" XCo Skiing, etc), but we get enough that it interferes with outdoor stuff like biking and running (right now there's quite a bit of ice and shoveled snow on the pavement). The wind is murder, which you can relate to living on the other side of the lake.

I'm gonna try and either watch Rudy or Rambo I tomorrow while riding. Even If I have to take a 5-minute "boredom break", I want to try and nail the full 2:30:00.

Take care Norm, and I hope you don't take any offense to me making a few attempts at humor.

I can hear your neighbors complaining for you to slow down ... you're foggin' up their windows.

=======================
Quote Reply
Cathy, Cathy Cathy... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't worry about the inmates in the asylum..

come on down to the South Bay and join us for some lung busting leg burning 50 milers

eric

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're probably right. There have been some strange things happening on the forum. We had the controversy over comparing the loss of a bike to the loss of a loved one. Then Tibbs ruffled some feathers talking about dispatching his family for a TitanFlex. In yet another Tibbs post, he mentioned something about having sex with goats. Then cerveloguy became Doc Greg, only to resurrect cerveloguy the very next day. And of course, Tom D. has disappeared again, resulting in the obligatory "Where is Tom D. post" to pop up any time he's off the forum for longer than three hours.

These kinds of things do seem to occur when people are spending less time training. Of course, it could be the endless miles on the trainer/treadmill that spark these posts.

At any rate, I too am ready for spring. While it's not unbearably cold down here, it's cold enough to make me uncomfortable. It's also too cold to swim outside. . .

RP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While this might be creepy for you "old guys" to do, The college gym i work out in has some spinning bikes setup at the entrance to the cardio room. Since most people in that room are women, the scenery helps pass the time : ). Hell, that might be creepy for me too, but it gets me through a 2:30 spin session. Also, doing the long sessions in a gym gets you some weird looks, since most people think working out for 45 min is a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was younger, I could not wait till the next week, month, season etc. Now I have come to realize that I have a finite time on this earth and I need to enjoy every day and every season. Time flies by way to quick ! Spring can wait. I had a fabulous 4 hour 75K XC ski yesterday with 4200 ft of vertical in near perfect conditions. Sure beats sitting on a trainer or being in a chlorinated box looking at a black line with 50 other people splashing around me.

Thanks folks, spring can wait. I'll have lots of time to get fast on the bike run and swim. Right now, I'm just building the engine back up on snow !
Quote Reply
Re: Please god let spring come sooooon!! [apolack1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While this might be creepy for you "old guys"
I may be old but I havn't lost my mind ! No 2.30 hours spinning it's ice bike time. We just sholved a 1/8 mile race course on the St. Lawerance river Sunday.And you thought you were weird.Get those studed tires ready. How about a fixed gear ice bike ? The ice helps bike handeling skils.
Quote Reply