Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Plantar Wart! Help!
Quote | Reply
I got a creep Plantar Wart on my left foot right where the outside of my midfoot where my foot strikes first most of the time. It hurts like a dickens and makes running sucky. I can't afford any real medical treatment and am doing the Dr. Scholls treatment but I am wondering if anyone has any top secret at home treat to get this disgusting growth off my beautiful foot. Anyone?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Wart! Help! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duct tape is a home remedy that may or may not work. It needs more study to say definitively. Salicylic acid, The nasty stuff you brush on worked for my daughter.

Oh and start pissing in the shower

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Last edited by: veganerd: Jul 31, 13 22:28
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Wart! Help! [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok. Here is your free consult:

If you don't want to see a MD. Go to pharmacy. Buy some salicylic acid pads called Mediplast. They come in a box of 15-20 sheets. Get the box with the least number of sheets you can find since you will probably only end up using 3 total. These are usually more expensive than Dr Scholls but work much better. You may have to ask the pharmacist for them, they may be behind the counter. They may sell them per sheet, but usually in the box.

Looks like this:

http://www.amazon.com/...emover/dp/B000GCIB1W

When you get home, cut a piece just a little larger than the wart (can be circle, square, rectangle--just cover the whole thing plus a little extra skin all the way around). Stick the piece on the wart and cover with a bandaid. Leave it on ALL OF THE TIME except with showers or swimming. Take it off, do your thing. When done, replace with a newer piece and bandaid. One sheet should probably last you about 20-30 applications depending on the size of the wart (and how big you cut each piece).

Your wart will turn white. It will soften and hopefully peel off in chunks. If you are lucky it will BLISTER. This means it is almost gone. If your skin gets raw...perfect! You stop and let it heal on its own. Its ok to peel off/pear down the dead skin as you go--if you use nail clipper, just make sure they are clean and don't go overboard cutting. You don't have to get every little piece off. Usually good time to debulk just after you shower or swim since soaking softens and helps the dead parts come off easier. If you get a day that your foot just hurts too much, skip a day or two, then resume applications until gone. Will take 4-8 weeks depending on the size of the wart and whether you are able to keep a pad on 24/7.

Good luck!
Last edited by: magmd: Jul 31, 13 23:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If left foot, massage (with left thumb) the part of your left hand lower palm at the base of your right thumb (close to center of palm but close to wrist, you'll feel which part makes most sense as it's the one that hurts a little bit when pressing on it) :-)

Do this as often as you can.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on how big it is. Mine was deep. If it's big and deep, an exacto knife and rubbing alcohol will do the trick.
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Wart! Help! [lhpoulin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had 1 for years. had it cut off, burnt off, frozen and kept coming back. I fought this thing for 10yrs i bet. Was listening to some Dr show on the radio and he said the best way to kill a plantar wart was heat. Its a virus and heat will kill it.

His way was heat up some water to some semi/hot sissy temp of approx 110 deg (of course he'd get sued if someone got burned so he had to play it safe) and soak your foot for 15-20 min every day for 3 weeks. I knew i wouldnt follow it for 3 weeks so I got the water as hot as I could stand it without actually taking skin off and did it for 10days -2 weeks...it went away, its been 10yrs and has never come back.

mine was near the ball of my foot so i heated water in something like an aspirin bottle and held the mouth of the bottle against the wart so the heat only hit that small area instead of putting my whole foot in hot water...i had it as hot as i could stand it. Good luck...those things can suck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
debride the wart first, then use the acid pads. compound w can also work, but you need to shave down until you see a bit of regular skin. careful, since it is easy to cause a fair amount of bleeding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have also had these and I used Dr. Scholl's. It took me two weeks to get rid of them using Dr. Scholl's medicated discs. Every 2 days I would take the pad off and while in the bathtub or shower I would scrape away the dead skin with a pumice stone and then cut the rest out with finger nail clippers. It was a long process but I got rid of them without any pain and my foot looked great about one day after I finished the treatments. Good luck!

---------------------------------------
Check out my blog!

therusticrunner.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As bad as it may sound I used an small razor blade and tweezers and just had my wife dig it out best she could. It was sore for a day or 2 but after that no issues since. I realize this may not be the best option but it worked for me.

--------------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/...nce-384308305013448/
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Wart! Help! [magmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you get one of these warts?
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Wart! Help! [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
How do you get one of these warts?

Walking around your gym locker / shower room, without flip-flops. The floor in the gym locker / shower is probably the most filthy floor you will ever step on, but what is strange is that 9 out of 10 walk around barefoot. Yuck!

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mr. Tibbs,

I am speaking from experience here but sorry to tell you this but your wart will probably necessitate a visit to your doctor. What you have are Verrucas (or plantar warts), and what you see is only the tip of the iceberg. Verrucas are normally bigger inside than on the outside (because of the pressure you put on your feet) so they hurt like hell. They can be treated with over the counter remedies such as Salicylic acid, but only while they are small (maybe 1/8 inch diameter) and it takes months with religious application. The Dr. Scholls treatment and all the over-the-counter treatments only contains 40% acid - so they are virtually all the same.
If you just skip your salicylic application by a few days, then you are back to square one. Success rate is probably 60% if you are religious about it.

But it seems that your Verruca is already big and deep, so you will need cryotherapy, multiple times, which can only be done by a doctor / dermatologist. The cryo treatment will take only a few weeks and will need to be supplemented with Salicylic acid pads until the bugger falls off.

I had one for two years on both feet and I tried all sorts of stuff, including cryotherapy. Did three Ironmans with that thing and it hurt like mother. Finally, went with Bleomycin injections for three months - a remedy for treating some types of cancers - and it worked. But the injection sessions (multiple shots per foot) was the MOST PAINFUL experience I have ever ever ever ever. I swear those shots would make a grown man Ironman cry. My derma said a lot of her male patient left her sessions in tears. You would not want to resort to Bleomycin so I suggest you do the cryotherapy ASAP.

My five cents.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Wart! Help! [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a doctor suggest the cancer drug injections to me too after a couple rounds of freezing off didn't work - in fact, it grew after each freeze off. Got a second opinion (from a podiatrist) and he suggested Liquid Stevia Root applied 2-3 times a day. I applied directly to the wart, then soaked a bandaid pad with it and wore that. Took a couple of weeks. Totally painless and I didn't do any shaving or clipping. It finally just disappeared. Cheap, painless and it worked.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there Mr. Tibbs,

I feel your pain. Unfortunately there is no "secret recipe" but you can use certain natural solutions to get rid of your plantar warts quickly and effectively. Then there are preventative measures you need to take to keep them away forever. I explain how to do everything in my plantar wart removal guide called Verruca's Kryptonite, which I created to help people like you and me fight against our verrucas once and for all! Hydrogen peroxide at 35% food grade works well along with crushed aspirin, garlic, and even papaya. Have you tried any of those remedies? After your verruca falls off you need to make sure to keep treating to get all of it and then watch it every day to make sure it does not come back. The HPV is a tricky little virus that likes to play hide and seek so do your best to keep an eye on it.

Regards,

Verruca's Kryptonite
Quote Reply