Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Places to Ride in Ottawa, CA?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of a good place to ride in Ottawa, CA? I'll be there thru Friday morning on business, staying by exit 130 of the 417, and would like to find a good place to ride on Wednesday and/or Thurday afternoons. Thanks...

- Gary Snow
Quote Reply
Re: Places to Ride in Ottawa, CA? [VT-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if you are talking about Ottawa Canada or Ottawa California. If you are talking about Ottawa Canada, the ideal place to ride is Gatineau Parc, just 8K north of Parliament Hill. Unfortunately, the parkway network there is not open due to the fact that the snow has yet to melt. I am not sure where exit 130 off the 417 is, but other good places to ride are the Rockcliffe Parkway or south, west or east of the city where there are lots of quiet country roads. email me offline at dpaul@semiconductor.com if you would like to discuss.

dev
Quote Reply
Re: Places to Ride in Ottawa, CA? [VT-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds like you're staying in the Bells Corners area. From there the best way to go at this time of year is probably to head south on Richmond Road (it will be a little busy for the first few kilometres). Turn right (west) on Hope Side Road and follow it to Eagleson. Turn left onto Eagleson (south) and then make a quick right onto Flewellyn Road. Once you get onto Flewellyn you're basically out into the country and can ride all day on the farm roads without a lot of traffic - it's pretty flat though. You may have to rethink the riding anyway, since we're supposed to get 5 cm of snow tonight (it's hard to believe that it was 70F here today and tonight it will snow, but that's the north for you!). If you need more information you can email me at j.r.cameron@sympatico.ca

http://www.bytowntriathlon.com
Quote Reply