Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pioneer PM to pair with Garmin
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I tried to pair my Pioneer PM to several Garmin's but non of them pair's. I can remember that Pioneer PM used to have a default setting with their own protocol and that you have to change it. But if I can recall correctly I already changed that setting when I paired them to my Wahoo Elemnt compters. The PM pairs with no problem to a Element or a Bolt.

But to use it with a NotioKonect I need a Garmin. Anything that I am overlooking ?

thanks for the input.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer PM to pair with Garmin [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For a start, when you take the batteries out and then put them back in what colour are the LED lights?

If they're green they're in "Pioneer" mode, if they're orange then they're in ant+ mode.
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer PM to pair with Garmin [amos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amos wrote:
For a start, when you take the batteries out and then put them back in what colour are the LED lights?

If they're green they're in "Pioneer" mode, if they're orange then they're in ant+ mode.

Crap, they are green. Swear I thought I put the in ANT+ mode. Didn't realize that Wahoo could pick the Pioneer mode.

thanks,

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer PM to pair with Garmin [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wahoo had an upgrade back in October allowing it to now read them in Pioneer mode. Not sure if it's using the Wahoo app or computer but you should be able to switch them to ant+.
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer PM to pair with Garmin [amos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amos wrote:
Wahoo had an upgrade back in October allowing it to now read them in Pioneer mode. Not sure if it's using the Wahoo app or computer but you should be able to switch them to ant+.

I know but even before that update the wahoo’s ‘read’ the pioneers. That’s why i was thinking it was already in ant+ mode since i understood the special pioneer mode was only to accepted by the pioneer cycle computer.

Quote Reply