Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pinarello bolide aerobar extensions problem
Quote | Reply
Have a new pinarello bolide tri bike.
The aerobar extensions on it are 19mm diameter, instead of standart 22.2mm.
Those copmonents from MOST company, but nothing on web about aftermarket decisions to change the extentions form and angle.

Are there any aerobar extentions 19mm like aerocoach, drag2zero, etc?
Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello bolide aerobar extensions problem [Evgen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aerocoach shows that they make extensions for the Bolide (in the smaller diameter) - at least on their FB page. (Didn't see the option in the drop down on their site) maybe send their customer service an email or Xavier may comment with more info.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello bolide aerobar extensions problem [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
Aerocoach shows that they make extensions for the Bolide (in the smaller diameter) - at least on their FB page. (Didn't see the option in the drop down on their site) maybe send their customer service an email or Xavier may comment with more info.

Thanks - we have made round Bolide extensions, but dropped them as the lead time became too long as they're so niche. It's a real problem with Bolides which is a shame as the bikes are so nice. Our Ascalon extensions will work with Bolide though (titanium Ascalons for Bolide we can do in 2-3 weeks, carbon versions shipping end of October).

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue. It was an unpleasant surprise to see the diameter was not like every single aero bar in the industry. Assuming they're a good fir for you, you might want to look at Sync (https://us.syncergonomics.com/...ect-02-evo-ecosystem) as their system is compatible with the Bolide. Be careful though as their clamping system doesn't allow carbon extensions.

I'm sure you know but Pinarello also makes 15deg spacers and different angled extensions:

I'd be curious to hear if you find another solution.

I even 3d printed a mount system as it was kind of difficult to integrate off the shelf systems :)

Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello bolide aerobar extensions problem [obsessedironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^Hey I use tinkercad too :D

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello bolide aerobar extensions problem [obsessedironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Hope you are well. I am having the same issues with regards to hydration systems. Wanted to check how you got along with your autocad solution and if it worked? Any chance I borrow the drawing file pls? :D

Thanks again,
Jon
Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello bolide aerobar extensions problem [Jonathan639] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ObsessedIronman made me one. Works great.

If you know where to locate the different extension angles let me know. I’ve on found the 23 and 75. Would love to get one in the 40-50 degree range.

Also check out watt shop looks like they have universal mounts for standard extension poles.
Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello bolide aerobar extensions problem [swimslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazing @ ObsessedIronman any chance I can order one too? Would be so helpful as race season seems to slowly be kicking off again.

@swim slow. Haven’t found anything yet. Currently using the Pinarello angled spacer (think 16deg) with the bars with the 45 deg bend which seems to give me an ok angle. If only the top of the bar was slightly longer it would be perfect.
Last edited by: Jonathan639: May 9, 21 7:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can your bike shop source more 45s?
Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello bolide aerobar extensions problem [swimslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I have had to order a new set as I have changed position and the ones I have on are a bit too short. Have ordered directly from the Pinarello store though the wait is 2 months unfortunately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will have adapter design by the end of the year which can mate with my new 1 piece pad/extension design.

pre orders will start by the summer

Joshua
Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello bolide aerobar extensions problem [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, silly question but how are you all mounting your Garmin/wahoo mounts to the bars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have designed a bta attachment. so either you attach it with a bta design or im sure theres a way to use the fixing method for a computer
Quote Reply