Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pico Rivera, California running?????
Quote | Reply
Will be in Pico Rivera the week leading up to Superfrog visiting Family. Any locals have any suggestions for a good, safe place to run? Runs will not be very long so I don't want to drive to far.
Thanks.

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com
Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Re: Pico Rivera, California running????? [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I grew up on the boarder of Pico and Whittier. I would definitely recommend taking the 5 minute drive into Whittier to run. I think anywhere east of the 605 fwy in Whittier would be safer than Pico.

Are you looking for trail runs? There are trails in Whittier but they are a little further away (15 min).
Quote Reply
Re: Pico Rivera, California running????? [tri-harder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just easy runs. Will be tapering so nothing hard. Was thinking Leg Lake maybe.
I grew up in PR...but it has changed a LOT since then (30+ years ago).

Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would recommend going during day light hours.
Quote Reply
Re: Pico Rivera, California running????? [tri-harder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the Whittier comment.

I worked in PR for 2 years back in the late 80's and then it was not safe even in the day. Mainly traffic safety.

I lived in Whittier and it was a bit more residential than the industrial Pico Rivera.

Have fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can run over in Turnbull Canyon. It's very nice there right now after the rain this "winter".
Quote Reply
Re: Pico Rivera, California running????? [vikingstumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On one of my previous visits I have ran and rode Turnbull. Was trying not to have to drive to much...I hate Cali traffic. And yeah, I want to try to run in a park, trail or something that has no traffic and it will be in the daylight hours.

-