Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Photo Shoot: Cervelo P4 and Look 596.
Quote | Reply
We've been burning the midnight oil on a number of exciting photo shoots. Here is one of the coolest photos from them:

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Photo Shoot: Cervelo P4 and Look 596. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is the Look set up for Bjorn?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
We've been burning the midnight oil on a number of exciting photo shoots. Here is one of the coolest photos from them:

So...when are you going to send them to me for a P2K vs. P4 vs. 596 field test "shootout"? ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not exactly the prettiest bikes I've ever seen...

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know the p4 is the fastest bike ever invented :^) but I've got to say I like the looks of the Look better. Picture may not due the p4 justice. Plus the Zipp bars seem to give the Look a faster look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Where's that woman from Hawaii holding up the Look? I'm disappointed, I thought she came with the bike.

-------------------------------
Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away.
Quote Reply
Re: Photo Shoot: Cervelo P4 and Look 596. [obi-one] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That seems to be the consensus. The P4 is a tool: The fastest tool that may be available. The Look has some interesting engineering and some intersting design and component themes. Both nice bikes (understatement). Both different approachs.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait a second...is the 596 in the small chainring? Isn't that some kind of ST faux pas?
Quote Reply
Re: Photo Shoot: Cervelo P4 and Look 596. [obi-one] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll go a step further and say that the P4 is ugly as shit. I'm sure it's fast tho.

The look is interesting looking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is cervelo required to put the same $200 aerobars on every tri bike it sells?
Quote Reply
Re: Photo Shoot: Cervelo P4 and Look 596. [slowhokie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh for crying out loud. Fiddlesticks. I can't frickin' believe I actually did that.... Dang it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Look appears to have edged out the P4 on the sprint to the finish line. Is that your way of subliminally letting the STers know which is faster??? Did you ever find out if that was YOUR Look or just yours to review?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While you are looking at the LOOK with the chain on the small chainring, imagine a one peice carbon crank installed on one of the old school BMX huge bottom brackets. We had the new 596 at a club meeting a few weeks ago and it is pretty amazing how light the cranks are.

Quote | Reply
I agree .....The P4 reminds me of the old QR Redbone with that stupid looking plastic fairing thing.......

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: Photo Shoot: Cervelo P4 and Look 596. [gbot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to agree with you. It is ugly as sin. With the economy where it is I just don't see very many people wanting to upgrade to the P4 other than the truly hard core and well off Cervelo fanatics. It may very well be the fastest bike ever made but it is straight up fugly. Sitting beside the Look just emphasizes that point even more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's -24,000 posts for you, Tom. Frickin newbie. You probably don't know how use search either. Sheesh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom,

I noticed on your site that you seem to really like the Felt's. How does the DA compare to these two machines? I had a LOOK Monoblade ten years back and these machines don't seem to be huge steps forward in design.

THX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they are both ugly as hell and i usually love cervelos.
Quote Reply
Re: Photo Shoot: Cervelo P4 and Look 596. [gbot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Look is ugly as shit. Completely unnecessary lines and comlication that serve only to make it slower and more expensive to manufacture while the P4 is beautiful in its simplistic functionality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The P4 is what happens when function dictates design. This is what works- what is believed to be fastest. For many people who say they want the most aerodynamic frame and that is their primary agenda- this is it...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Photo Shoot: Cervelo P4 and Look 596. [Mighty Mouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cost vs. aerodynamics vs. adjustability analysis of the Vision bars has been much better than any of the other options for a very long time. Personally I would love to see them take up the 31.8 banner because I am heavily invested in that area, but you really can't fault Cervelo for sticking with such a well conceived cockpit.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The P4 is what happens when function dictates design. This is what works- what is believed to be fastest. For many people who say they want the most aerodynamic frame and that is their primary agenda- this is it...
I'm in the other camp. I'm not fast enough that a P4 would save me enough time to justify the expense, and that is a REALLY fugly bike.

Scott Plasma2 or Argon18 E-112. That's where I'm heading. :D Or maybe a Ridley Dean.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Photo Shoot: Cervelo P4 and Look 596. [Maxxximus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The RedSTONE was awesome and a revolutionary design by Mr. Empfield, as well as a fast bike. FWIW...I had one and loved it. Still have PR's on that bike. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Cervelo blew it on the paint scheme for the P4.

Black? Really? Was that the best they could do?

They really need to hire a graphic designer up there.

-------------------------------
Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away.
Quote Reply
Re: Photo Shoot: Cervelo P4 and Look 596. [crowrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of my PR's are 10 years ago too! Ok, I like Cervelo, just not the P4, but what do I know, I ride an old Ti Merlin.

http://noel-ironman.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next