Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Phonak confirms Floyd Positive
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Phonak confirms Floyd Positive [trixy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a disappointment, if it's confirmed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shit!

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crap.

Stage 17 was a super-human effort, though. I can imagine the rationalization that went on.

What a damn shame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody out there know what this means: "an unusual level of Testosterone/Epitestosterone ratio"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worst news of the week. Hopefully there is some physiological reason for it (other than the obvious), like cold med's or some weird food he ate ... Yes, grasping at straws, but sheesh. For the sample to be from his 17th stage, too, really sux.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a copy of a press release I received from Phonak about 15 minutes ago. I posted it in the other thread, and I'll post it again here. I've been on Phonak's emailing list since the Tour de Georgia. Here's what the team had to say this morning:

The Phonak Cycling Team was notified yesterday by the UCI of an unusual level of Testosteron/Epitestosteron ratio in the test made on Floyd Landis after stage 17 of the Tour de France.
The Team Management and the rider were both totally surprised of this physiological result.
The rider will ask in the upcoming days for the counter analysis to prove either that this result is coming from a natural process or that this is resulting from a mistake in the confirmation.
In application of the Pro Tour Ethical Code, the rider will not race anymore until this problem is totally clear.
If the result of the B sample analysis confirms the result of the A sample the rider will be dismissed and will then pass the corresponding endocrinological examinations.
Please understand that we cannot at this time give you more detailed comments.

RP
Quote Reply
Re: Phonak confirms Floyd Positive [douglaswebster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is just shameful and embarassing if it is him! If he knew it, how did he find the courage to step on the podium in Paris? What is left in the sport?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well that sucks

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Phonak confirms Floyd Positive [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man that really sucks. Uggggh, what a downer.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Phonak confirms Floyd Positive [paulgraham.ca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know if this helps, found it on google.

Testosterone and epitestosterone are both synthesised by the body, so that in urine the ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone is <6.
If a sport competitor takes testosterone as a performance enhancing drug, the ratio is increased above 6.

http://www.rcpamanual.edu.au/sections/pathologytest.asp?s=33&i=601
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow.....

just wow.....

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Re: Phonak confirms Floyd Positive [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steroids are also involved in the process that caused his hip problem...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course he was doping. How else would an American win the Tour?

;-)

Richard Melik | I work for the following companies | Zwift.com | Freespeed Bike Fit (UK)
Manager | David McNamee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Being Canadian and now living in the US. This feels just like Ben Jonhson all over again. Absolute high from the win. Then a punch in the stomach immediately afterwards. If it is true sad day.

I quess Jacques Anquetil maybe correct when he said that "the TdF is not won on mineral water alone."
Quote Reply
Re: Phonak confirms Floyd Positive [tessitori] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good news for Pro cycling!

We have now completed the cycle:

2005 Vuelta: Winner Positive (Heras)

2006 Giro: Winner Implicated (Basso)

2006 Tour: Winner Preliminary Positive (Landis).

I just hope they can keep up the streak at the 06 Vuelta.

BTW, fellow weekend warriors: let's not forget to pat ourselves on the back for doing what we do while holding full time jobs, raising kids -etc....without using drugs. I saw 2000 such people last weekend in Lake Placid & the joke's on the dopers. We win in the end, because we know we EARNED IT. Go us.

Cheers.

-DW
Quote Reply
Re: Phonak confirms Floyd Positive [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, look on the bright side, IF he is guilty he'll have two years to rehabilitate after his hip replacement surgery.
Quote Reply
Re: Phonak confirms Floyd Positive [Milky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Testosterone patches placed on the testicles help athletes recover quickly. I hope after his bonking day he did not cave to the pressure and use this procedure.

Scott Murison

http://www.wildrock.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Good news for Pro cycling!

We have now completed the cycle:

2005 Vuelta: Winner Positive (Heras)

2006 Giro: Winner Implicated (Basso)

2006 Tour: Winner Preliminary Positive (Landis).

I just hope they can keep up the streak at the 06 Vuelta.

BTW, fellow weekend warriors: let's not forget to pat ourselves on the back for doing what we do while holding full time jobs, raising kids -etc....without using drugs. I saw 2000 such people last weekend in Lake Placid & the joke's on the dopers. We win in the end, because we know we EARNED IT. Go us.

Cheers.

-DW
You missed the Olympic gold medal winner, Tyler (off that time by a technicality)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
darn it all to heck!

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you really think that every competitor was 100% clean of all doping regulations?

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why would this be release before the B test is complete?? it's horrible. just horrible.

i would think his testosterone would be through the roof after a ride like that naturally! just on the fist punch alone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow

...this might change cycling as we know it.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Phonak confirms Floyd Positive [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know how long it will be before the second test results come back?
Quote Reply
Re: Phonak confirms Floyd Positive [klointheridge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
why would this be release before the B test is complete??

Because the media was going to find out anyway, either through a leak, or by figuring out which team/country was notified, or process of elimination by which teams/countries weren't notified.
Quote Reply

Prev Next