Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen
Quote | Reply
As the eternal winter now grinds on I find myself watching the TDF while turning circles on the mag rollers. Perhaps it's being old school, but I find the above mentioned commentators so entertaining and well grounded that I could almost turn off the pictures and listen to the commentary. When you compare them to anyone else doing cycling commentary, there is no one even close. For F1 racing it's like David Hobbs and there is a fantastic GP motorcycle commentator (Julian ????) who I don't know. My favorite quote from him was when one of the bikes was saved from a huge crash he stated "That was the greatest comback since Lazarus."

So scan your cycling tapes and post some of your favorite Phil liggett qotes, gonna suck when he retires.

One I remember as it was overplayed last year and I may mess it all up but,

"Here comes Lance Armstrong down the finishing straight like a Grand Prix motor car".

Really enjoy Bob roll as well, the humor is priceless.
Quote Reply
Re: Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen [marko16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, some of these commentary makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck...

From 1992 TdF with Indurain having wrapped up the Tour, "Rominger is holding over 50 kph as he strives to prove that he is best of the rest in the Tour..."

...Or from another one in the early 90's, "The peleton continues in nervous anticipation, as they ascend the velvet slopes of the Galibier..." (you really need the imagery from the video clip for this one as the commentary perfectly amplifies on the video image).
Quote Reply