Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Phelps is a Dope
Quote | Reply
Would you believe that he is this stupid to do this? Sucking on a bong may have cost him millions. What a bong head if it's true.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/...g-cannabis-pipe.html

Olympic swimming champion Michael Phelps was captured on film smoking marijuana at a college party last fall, new published reports said Saturday night. (See photo here)
The 23-year-old swimming phenom, who won an amazing eight gold medals at last year's Olympic Games in Beijing, was caught smoking a marijuana pipe at a University of South Carolina party in early November, according to Star magazine and Britain's News of the World.
Phelps was in town to a see a sorority girl he was dating, but spent the entire weekend getting stoned every night, throwing down beers and smoking pot, the magazines said.
"At one point someone asked him if he wanted to smoke some weed," a source told Star. "Michael didn't hesitate and headed to a small back room, where he was immediately handed a big red bong."
Phelps couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

BIT OF A SUCKER: Olympic ace Michael Phelps inhales from bong
Last edited by: kjsmitty: Feb 1, 09 1:20
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps is a Dope [kjsmitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't necessarilly believe the above story, but it is making news headlines around the world.

The gossip tabloids in the UK are very big over there. Never bought one of the gossip tabloids in the 2 years was in the UK and couldn't be bothered reading past the front page headlines. Their tabloids aren't funny and don't know why anyone reads them.

It is owned by Rupert Murdoch's news corp, so hope someone sues the owners of the paper. The photographer wouldn't have got much for it, so would be interested to know who that person was. they should publish the photographers name, so people could shame them also.

G.

http://www.TriathlonShots.com
Full event coverage of triathlon/ironman in photos.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there more pics than just this one? It's not exactly clear from that shot that it's him.

------------------------------
"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps is a Dope [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd agree, I'm not convinced that's him in the pic....at all.....

He probably thought it was an expand-a-lung:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even if it is true WOW...

college kid smokes weed, that is big news ;-)

[not sure if one ;-) fully indicates the level of sarcasm that I intended]

considering our current and former pres admitted doing coke prior to the election I am not too sure that an allegation that he smoked weed at a frat party will matter much to anyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't surprise me at all. I've heard he's been hanging out in Vegas a lot going nuts. There has been some footage of him doing some stupid things there and I could see his career coming to an end unless he got away from some the people he's been hanging with.

Hell of a way to be remembered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least he's smoking out of a ROOR....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the bong isnt even filled with smoke, he isnt inhaling anything just pretending
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps is a Dope [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where is the nearest head shop that looks like a nice bong I want one! Wait I get drug tested at work . Damn!

Quote | Reply
The level of his side burns are cut around the same area near the bottom of the ear. Look at the watches. Phelps is still the man.

=======================================
http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/...06989S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb31.webshots.com/...06989S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/...06989S600x600Q85.jpg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hum so let me get this straight , he parties like a frat boy, Drinks booze smokes pot and consumes 12,000+ calories a day and looks like this :

What in the hell am I doing wrong?

Joey G.

http://talesofthemissing.wordpress.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps is a Dope [themissing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

You're getting the tense wrong. He LOOKED like that. Probably not anymore, or at least, not for long.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pick it, pack it, fire it up, come alooooong...

----------
Fortitudine Vincimus
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps is a Dope [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Are there more pics than just this one? It's not exactly clear from that shot that it's him.
I belive this is a still from a video..........if it really exixts, the video is the problem from Phelps, not a doctored photo.....

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spouse had a look at the pictures and said it's definitely not Phelps. Stoner boy has a narrower nose with smaller nostrils and has rounder tops of his ears while Phelps' ears are more pointy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chin stubble? Arm hair? That is no swimmer!
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps is a Dope [fox5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good catch on the watch - very observant.
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps is a Dope [themissing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hum so let me get this straight , he parties like a frat boy, Drinks booze smokes pot and consumes 12,000+ calories a day and looks like this :

Joey G.

Ah, not being 22 (or whatever) and most importantly not swimming like 5 miles a DAY!

Re: Phelps is a Dope [ShoMyOFace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In his professional life: Phelps trained hard and proved himself on an international level time and time over again. Perhaps people fail to realize he is only a kid, and kids deserve to be kids, no matter how many Golds they hang over their mantle place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Being an athlete does not necessarily make one a genius. By the amount of time he spent in the pool, I would guess his academics skills might be be lacking. In fact, didn't he get arrested for DWI back in 2004? He seems to have survived that social faux paux.

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me get this straight. He smoked a little pot, and.......? Heaven forbid he had a couple beers too. Are you serious? Even if the picture is him, who cares. He just frickin won 8 Gold Medals. Thank goodness he's a regular 22 year old college kid.

You people on this forum condemming him need to chill out. He's not shooting heroin. I swam in college with olympic medalists and former world record holders that did much worse.

Let's all just relax.

Quote | Reply
He wouldn't be the first swimmer to party hard and still swim fast.
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps is a Dope [Hawk03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Let me get this straight. He smoked a little pot, and.......? < snip> Let's all just relax.
Second that here. First, I am not 100% persuaded that his him in the photo, but even if it is I think the problem is not him but people who expect too much from a young man who has spent the better part of his life submerged in chlorinated water. What may be the source of conflict for him is whether he wants to be a young adult focused entirely on swimming (who may want to party in his off-season) OR he wants to become a corporate spokesman and product pusher. I think it's impossible for him to be both, so go ahead and party a little while you can but don't expect corporations (in a tough economy) to sign on. If that's his choice, so be it, he doesn't owe you, me or anyone else anything. He may have an obligation to his employers that he is falling short on here.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps is a Dope [Hawk03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Even if the picture is him, who cares."

Probably any sponsors that don't want to be associated with illegal drug use or parents of kids who look up to Phelps.

Just a guess.

"I swam in college with olympic medalists and former world record holders that did much worse."

Must be ok then, huh?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply

Prev Next