Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Pet peeves at the gym
Quote | Reply
What's yours?

Here are mine:

1- Older, bigger lady staying naked wayyyyy too long in the locker room

2- Woman moaning in the steam room

3- Someone taking the locker next to mine while I am changing while the whole locker room is wide open

4- Nobody sharing a lane swimming.
Quote Reply
Re: Pet peeves at the gym [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Hot water hogs

2. People that watch you change

3. Low pressure showers

http://tricook.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People walking in the running lanes on the track :(

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Pet peeves at the gym [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mostly weight room stuff.

Guys that grab one of the three flat benches for the whole gym and spend 45 minutes doing three sets.

Guys that do circuit training by leaving a towel, drink, duffel bag on each piece of equipment so no one else can work in.
Quote Reply
Re: Pet peeves at the gym [dannynoonan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dannynoonan wrote:
Guys that do circuit training by leaving a towel, drink, duffel bag on each piece of equipment so no one else can work in.

That one's simple.....just move the stuff...especially the water bottles, play stupid and throw them in the trash :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People who leave an inch of talcum powder and foot juice on the floor in the locker room. Mud on the floor of the locker room.
That's just tonight. I think I usually have others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. 30 min limit on treadmills
2. The fact that my campus gym got rid of the Woodway treadmills - top of the line, those things - and replaced them with treadmills with TVs, because apparently people like a TV in front of their face when they run.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Feb 13, 11 13:33
Quote Reply
Re: Pet peeves at the gym [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lately I've "felt" people standing directly behind me when I'm on the bike or treadmill, waiting for me to finish. Usually there is a line if it's peak hours, but lately people come right up and stand. Even if you've been on for 10 minutes.

I was on the bike 2 days ago (not during peak hours) for a long brick and most of the other machines were open but someone wanted the specific bike I was on. He stood there for ever. I rode another 30 minutes and he was there still. Luckily I had hit two hours and got off to run 40 on the treadmill. It was creepy.

Also, I'm bothered by people who wait in line during peak hours to use the treadmill only to walk on it. My gym has a brand new indoor track! Use that!!

And people who talk in the steam room. Just shut the fuck up and soak it in. Quiet time!

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Last edited by: kosherdave: Feb 13, 11 14:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The fact that my campus gym got rid of the Woodway treadmills - top of the line, those things - and replaced them with treadmills with TVs, because apparently people like a TV in front of their face when they run."

My gym has 22 Woodways! Yes 22!

I worked at military base gym that also got rid of Woodways.

Also worked at another gym that had 2 Woodways and I would unplug one of them when it came close to my run time. People would get on the treadmill and figure it didn't work and move to the crap dreadmills.

Quote | Reply
1. dude in the shower who washer his junk waaayyy too long
2. cell phones
3. early 90's bandana and pajama bottoms guy
4. group of kids who look like eminem
5. anyone who wears nike shox,...so dumb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cropdusting...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2 on all of Marisol's complaints.

Plus it is usually the same old ladies moaning about the pool temp being too cold.

Or the person who just jumps in from the other side of the pool and is all the sudden swimming straight towards my head.

The lady who is just standing in the pool chatting with her friend while the pool is crowded and gives me that look like she ain't moving cause she will eventually swim a lap.

Quote | Reply
rhfff wrote:
1. dude in the shower who washer his junk waaayyy too long

There was a guy at my old gym who shaved every inch of his body in open shower stalls. I mean, leg up on the ledge, just wacking the weeds. I find every excuse I can to stay out of the gym now. If it wasn't for swimming, I would never go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dudes that shave their faces, while naked and since the counter is usually near junk height...you get the picture. Not a fan of ball sweat on the counter.

Ben McMurray
Northern Michigan Small Farm Venture ---> http://facebook.com/hillvalleymi [/size]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll play. Here is one of my pet peeves: people who do not add a smaller typeface, a line break or *something* between their signature and their post. Go copy rappstar's signature for the sake of everyone trying to labour through your posts.

-----
coming soon...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Main peeve, Y staff does not enforce any of their rules becuase they might loose one of the 20,000 members they have at my branch. They could afford to lose the people who do not think rules apply to them so the rest of us could enjoy the place.

Safety rules such as notifying people in a lane before you jump in and start swimming. (not enforced)
Lap lanes are for swimming full laps, not enforced, people walk, play with noodles, etc
one lady takes one or the 4 benches in a gym with 40 people doing free weights and lays out all her stuff for a 45 min workout and won't let anyone use the bench. Clearly against the rules.

Also the 30 minute limit on cardio equipement, but fortunately, except for January there are almost never a 30 minute period where all equipment is in use so the rule does not apply if equipment is available.

People who use the swimsuit spinner to dry out they sweaty shirt, shorts, underwear after playing basketball or lifting weights. Why would they think it is ok to put their sweat all over the machine that others use to spin their swimsuit. YUCK!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People somehow finding there way into the middle of my lane. I don't know how it happens because I'm busy swimming but I manage to find them when I collide into them. Seems to always be either kids or heavy set people covered in flotation crap (makes for a more cushioned collision though).
Quote Reply
Re: Pet peeves at the gym [fasterthanTIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I would unplug one of them when it came close to my run time

That, my friend, is the definition of entitlement and selfishness. Because no one else should be allowed to use YOUR treadmill. The one that YOU bought and now has YOUR name written on it in big bold flashing neons. Not a single member of the gym is worthy of using YOUR treadmill. Bravo! Clap. Clap. Clap.

-----
coming soon...
Quote Reply
Re: Pet peeves at the gym [23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People that are swimming elementary backstroke or something ridiculously slow in the fast lane, and wondering why you keep passing them on the left side.
Quote Reply
Re: Pet peeves at the gym [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
People walking in the running lanes on the track :(

jaretj

Yep! forgot THAT one! Or kids running around all over the track in a disorganized fashion, screaming the whole time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
1. 30 min limit on treadmills
2. The fact that my campus gym got rid of the Woodway treadmills - top of the line, those things - and replaced them with treadmills with TVs, because apparently people like a TV in front of their face when they run.

Oh Man! Woodways are the best, why would they do that??? What did they do with the Woodways?
Quote Reply
Re: Pet peeves at the gym [fasterthanTIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fasterthanTIM wrote:
The lady who is just standing in the pool chatting with her friend while the pool is crowded and gives me that look like she ain't moving cause she will eventually swim a lap.

Oh yeah, THAT one... man, it's like go to the waddling pool if you want to just stand there!
Quote Reply
Re: Pet peeves at the gym [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[quote patf

People who use the swimsuit spinner to dry out they sweaty shirt, shorts, underwear after playing basketball or lifting weights. Why would they think it is ok to put their sweat all over the machine that others use to spin their swimsuit. YUCK![/quote]
EWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People who stay parked at their machine or bench for 5 minutes between each set of 10 reps while I'm waiting for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pro triathletes working out in the gym with flagrant disregard for Slowtwitch rules!!!

(maybe that was supposed to be in pink) ;-)

Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Feb 13, 11 15:34
Quote Reply

Prev Next